Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion

Article about: Hi all. I am in search of more info on this deactivated MG 42. This Mg 42 was produced by bnz in 1944. What parts were replaced after the war? What is not period correct? What did I see; 1)

drum magazine is most likely the original. It has a similar stamp, I saw an even more similar one, but I didn’t save the photo, I can’t find it... I need to wash off the new paint to see it better. Yugoslavia didn’t stamp stores.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion  

Hello gentlemen,

The increase base is original, the only things missing are the increases for anti-aircraft fire & the rear sight. We can clearly observe the fixing hole at the front of the rear frame and the interior piston. The removal of the anti-aircraft sight was a common practice in the Austrian army after the war.

I suppose that the service which deactivated this weapon gave a grinding blow to the rear sight to complete the neutralization. This measure was very popular in the 60s/70s by the Austrian or German deactivated services, they even removed the bayonet tenons from the K98k.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Quote by Gress27 View Post
    drum magazine is most likely the original. It has a similar stamp, I saw an even more similar one, but I didn’t save the photo, I can’t find it... I need to wash off the new paint to see it better. Yugoslavia didn’t stamp stores.
    LOL. The HASAG mark wasn't visible in your photo. This refers to the maker Hugo Schneider AG and is early war. It is original.

?

LArge letters could be austrian PIKP could be teoretically Pionier Kompanie? There was a bunch of MG42 delivered from old czechoslovak storages to Austria post 1960. Anyway this is probably a mixture weapon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2