MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MG 42 Display Gun Price Check Please

Article about: I know we do not discuss pricing on the forum but I would like a quick gut check for pricing Please. I have the opportunity to buy a de activated MG42 for display. Way out of my league but I

Default MG 42 Display Gun Price Check Please

I know we do not discuss pricing on the forum but I would like a quick gut check for pricing Please. I have the opportunity to buy a de activated MG42 for display. Way out of my league but I would like to own for display. I was thinking a fair price would be around $800 Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Looks like it has a fair amount of original parts.
    John

As an Anglophile I would say that if I could get an MG42 dewat for $800 I would snap it up. But pictures would be useful, is it matching parts, how well has it be demilled?

That would be a BARGAIN at $800.. My B.A.R was about that price some years back...

Smitty

Thank you for the quick replies. I am doing additionaal research now and going to look at on Sunday. Likely buy. The bolt has been welded shut. Was recommended from a friend, I really do have one, Not kidding. I have a couple of pics but not much detail.
    John

MG 42 Display Gun Price Check PleaseMG 42 Display Gun Price Check PleaseMG 42 Display Gun Price Check PleaseMG 42 Display Gun Price Check Please

That's one odd-looking MG 42!

B.B.

That's a 98k stock on it?
    Top should have 'different' look.
    Run away.

John,

After seeing the pictures and noting the issues with the 98K stock and welding/moving or non-moving parts I would have to pass on this for $800 or at least get a whole lot better price ($300ish) and that may even be too much depending if the barrel and other items can be removed...

It seemed like a good deal, but now after seeing the frankenstock,,,I'm not so sure..

Smitty

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    That's one odd-looking MG 42!

B.B.
    I agree BB. Trying to figure out what it is with limited knowledge.
    John

98k stock ? Think I would pass myself.

Lightbulb

As others have rightly said, $800 is a decent price for a good deact MG42 but the one in the photos just doesn't look 'right'. The stock is the obvious odd thing but I'd be very careful also about checking any markings. I'd save my money and wait......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast