Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka Rifle

Article about: Hello Friends, I recently added this rifle to my collection, and thought i would share it with the forum. I purchased this from a friend who is the son-in-law of the veteran who brought the

Default Mukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka Rifle

Hello Friends,

I recently added this rifle to my collection, and thought i would share it with the forum. I purchased this from a friend who is the son-in-law of the veteran who brought the rifle and bayonet over to the states when the war was over. The rifle looks to have been hit by a small piece of shrapnel near the bayo lug, and left both entry and exit holes. As always, i look forward to your input.

Take care,

Mart

Mukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka RifleMukden Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka Rifle
    and one next to my carbine.
    Last edited by Martin C; 02-13-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Great find. The damage is part of the history.
    John

Looks like a great score Martin and looks great on the display flag. Notice the Arisakas are a lot more sought after these days. Not as familiar with them as 98ks but yours looks great. Used to be had for short money back in the early 70s like the Type 99 in 7.7 my friend bought from an LGS for $25!! Not anymore. Hold onto it for sure. Thanks for showing.

The mum is intact and it has the receiver cover too - good things. I like the numbered bayonet. Neil

?

Very Nice Mart!!
    Rifle, Sling, Bayonet!!!
    Great Score, That shrapnel hit does add to it character!!

Well Displayed Sir!!!

Congrats on the addition to the family!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice score. Love the damage.

I appreciate all of you taking time out of your day to look at my rifle. Thank you.

Mart
    Last edited by Martin C; 02-15-2020 at 07:07 PM.