Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My 1965 Chinese Type 56, full auto, full stock, milled receiver AK47.

Article about: She is a real Chinese Type 56, full auto, full stock, forged and milled receiver, weapon. She is registered, fully functional, and completely transferrable. She's a mixed s/n piece. I took h

?

Default My 1965 Chinese Type 56, full auto, full stock, milled receiver AK47.

She is a real Chinese Type 56, full auto, full stock, forged and milled receiver, weapon. She is registered, fully functional, and completely transferrable. She's a mixed s/n piece. I took her in on trade 16+ years ago from an estate liquidation. She looked so nice with original honest wear, I decided to hang on to her. She shoots fine. This is the second one of these I have ever seen. A buddy of mine picked his up about a year before I got mine. She is marked Triangle 66, China North Industries (Norinco), export version ('L' & 'D' selector markings), manufactured around 1965.

As far as can be determined, she is not a battlefield pickup weapon. According to Dolf Goldsmith and Frank Iannamico she was most likely a sales sample sent to a South/Central American country that somehow made it into the US.

Nice piece, MG34! Really interesting that it might have been a sales model. Bet that's a lot of fun at the range!

-Robyn

Now that was worth keeping hold of.

?

Great piece. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Very nice!

?

Here is a Mongomation video of our buddy Chris firing it back in '05. Look 1:14 into the video.

As an aside, look 1:40 into the video to see my MG34 doing a 1000 round burst.

PRE
    ?

Nice rifle, they are alot of fun in F/A.

Is that a Stoner at 1:02 - 1:14? Hardly any muzzle rise at all on that one.

Pat

?

A very nice REAL AK.
    That is a beauty!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by PRE View Post
    Nice rifle, they are alot of fun in F/A.
    Is that a Stoner at 1:02 - 1:14? Hardly any muzzle rise at all on that one.
    Pat
    Yep, that is a Stoner. It belongs to Mongo who is the producer of the Mongomation videos.