Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My LUGER 1902 Rifle, just for the eyes

Article about: The Luger: Was It The “World’s Best” Pistol? I present to you, my LUGER 1902 Rifle It is a weapon a jewel, so we must talk about it. It is part of my personal collection, and for those

Default My LUGER 1902 Rifle, just for the eyes

The Luger: Was It The “World’s Best” Pistol?

I present to you,
    my

LUGER 1902 Rifle

It is a weapon a jewel, so we must talk about it.
    It is part of my personal collection, and for those who do not know, here is some info.

The Luger was originally developed by Georg Luger, an engineer employed by the Berlin gunsmith Ludwig Loewe & Co. Luger was also the representative of the company, which produced both rifles and handguns including the Hugo Borchardt semi-auto rocker pistol.

From 1902 a rifle version with a 6 inch barrel, a wooden front part and a detachable wooden stock was introduced to the market.
    Despite attempts to gain acceptance by the German military, Luger encountered resistance, largely due to the small 7.65mm cartridge.

The 1902 model was produced by DWM in 2,500 copies and manufactured in two series with numbers between 21,000 and 22,100 and between 23,500 and 24,900.
    Most of these weapons were sold for export to the United States and Great Britain;
    this is the reason why most of the time it bears the inscription Germany or Made in Germany.

This Luger 1902 rifle is a very rare model.

if you have any other info, don't hesitate, this is to leave to my children for their inheritance, so he must understand the historical value.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My LUGER 1902 Rifle, just for the eyes  

That’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing... you don’t see these too often.

Very very nice! Thanks for showing

Really rare. Nice too.
    Thanks for share.
    Regards
    Santi

The Luger was well known for its iconic design which highlights any WW 1 or 2 Militaria collection.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Wow,wow. Wow!!

Yep a real beauty for sure. Don't often see one like this. Thanks for showing a very desirable piece.

Very nice Luger carbine. A very nice commercial gun not often seen. Is the stock matching number to the gun? The wood stock is the later of the two variations with two screws and also in great condition. Thanks for sharing.
    John

WOW! Thanks for sharing!

?

Beautiful,
    I have seen them on display and in my books.

Such craftsmanship went into these.
    Just an excellent piece too own.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast