Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My MP40 Sling Ring right side

Article about: For the benefit of Decima, and others. Here is my right/wrong MP40 old spec deact!

Default My MP40 Sling Ring right side

For the benefit of Decima, and others. Here is my right/wrong MP40 old spec deact!

Hello,

That's a fine looking Mp40. Just wondering who the prime contractor was? I can see the subcontractors waffenamts Waa44 Merz Werk and a Waa254 for Krupp in the 4th picture but where the prime contractors stamp would be it's blank on the end cap next to the '42' date.

Jonathan.

I've seen the same Waffenamt codes on MP40s from Erma and Steyr, so I'm not sure how much that actually helps tracking down where it was made. The deactivation certificate states that the country of manufacture is Germany but no factory is identified. I think it may have been a bitzer put together by an Allied soldier and brought back as a souvenir before being deactivated.

I think it's a Haenel made one. Looking through reference books I found a picture, just one like yours 42 dated but no code. it was with a COS lower receiver. I don't think Steyr used subcontracted parts, just Haenel and Emra. Mine is like yours 42 dated but a Steyr and also has some mixed parts. Have a look for some out the way places for waffenamt codes. I am still finding the little buggers on guns I had for years.

I will have another look over at the WaA marks. Thanks for the info, very useful.

?

Great Piece! Right ring

Well I like it, its an old friend I've had it a long while now.

More photos as I had it out to clean today;