Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?

Article about: Hello everyone, I have finally re-acquired my grandfathers vet bring back G-41 from other family members and want to start on a restoration project! My grandfather drove an M-24 tank in WWII

Thanks! That’s pretty much how I feel as well. This baby was definitely in combat. He also brought back a duffel bag full of bayonets and pistols. He gave most of them away to friends as souvenirs but I still have a Luger, Mauser officer pistol(which I have fired several times) and three bayonets. Great pieces of history to keep in the family. I wish I knew more of the stories behind my grandfathers finds.

MiketheMadman

A duffel bag full of pistols and bayos? Judging by todays values I would call it more of a goldmine!!

Yeah! I couldn’t imagine all of what he gave away to friends. I guess I should be happy with what I have. Still wish he would have brought back a nice helmet !

Glad you can now be custodian of your Grandfathers war souvenirs. Try to find out as much as you can about him, his unit and where he served. This helps build a clearer picture of the items history and is valuable in the future so that his history can live on. Great rifle!

That is a good looking G41 IMO,great history too,I would be proud to own it,thanks for showing.

Default New Pictures of my G-41

Here are some recent pictures of my Grandfather bring back G-41 after some restoration. I decided to do just some basic restoration to prevent further rust/damage. Just trying to be careful with such an old weapon. These pictures are much clearer than my previous shots.

Madman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?   My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?  

My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?   My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?  

My Vet bring back G-41 restoration, cleaning rod?  

It looks fine, you have done a good job. The hardest part of ANY restoration is knowing when to stop!

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks! Not much a can really do now without causing trouble. Just wanted to keep her looking pretty if anything.

Madman

Great rifle,thanks for showing it!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 10-31-2020 at 02:38 PM.

?

Very nice one. You cleaned her up nice.

Semper Fi
    phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast