MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My WW2 deact gun collection

Article about: As my wife bought me TWO guns this Christmas (an SVT-40 and a Mosin Nagant carbine - I have obviously been a good boy) I now have sixteen and feel that this can be called a collection in its

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    I got an Italian Beretta M.38/44 for Christmas. It came with a sling, spare mags some tools and a leather bandolier

I must get around to doing another group shot
    Hello
    Very nice collection of firearms, I am jealous
    Just wanted to point out few details about equipment if you don't know already.
    Bandolier is for Yugoslav M56 submachine gun, you can see how it is bent because of curved magazines M56 uses.
    Sling is Russian type, maybe for PPSH 41.

Your Beretta seems to be missing safety selector (those 2 holes on the left of bolt housing)
    And if anybody knows what is that thing on the right under bolt handle?

Quote by zoobar View Post
    Hello
    Very nice collection of firearms, I am jealous
    Just wanted to point out few details about equipment if you don't know already.
    Bandolier is for Yugoslav M56 submachine gun, you can see how it is bent because of curved magazines M56 uses.
    Sling is Russian type, maybe for PPSH 41.

Your Beretta seems to be missing safety selector (those 2 holes on the left of bolt housing)
    And if anybody knows what is that thing on the right under bolt handle?
    Many thanks for the reply. A few of these have come on the market in the UK so I assume that they are from the same source, most likely Eastern Europe / Russia. I was aware of the sling but not the bandolier being for the M56. I also noticed that the safety selector was missing and interestingly there is no gap in the stock for one to fit, however, saying that the barrel and stock are both stamped with the same serial number (of a type that I have on my other Soviet/Russian guns) so it would appear that they have been together for some time. As for the “thing” under the bolt handle, it is a button of some sort. It depresses but springs back, whether this is due to the deactivation process and it’s a safety selector I don’t know.
    As with most of my guns (and most guns dating back to WW2) it has been refurbished at some point in its life, although in this case I think there is a fine line between refurbished and cobbled together

Thumbs up

That is a very nice collection, Grimebox ! Many thanks for posting the pics - a real pleasure to browse through.

I got another gun! And it’s not even Christmas or my birthday.
    A US Springfield .30-06 1903 A3. Being new spec the bolt moves and kind of replicates being cocked but it won’t dry fire. I need to find a sling but see that they’re quite pricey so I’ll wait until one turns up for a reasonable price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

Last edited by Grimebox; 03-12-2022 at 11:44 AM.

It's nice that they can deactivate the rifle without changinging its external appearence. It is a good looking rifle. I notice it has a "C" in the serial number, which is rare. The C was used only when the same serial number was used by both Smith Corona and Remington, so there would not be two rifles with the exact same serial.

Again very nice. I can almost feel the weight of the rifle just by looking at it. Sure were some weighty brutes to lug around back then. But the build quality is something to behold.

I’ve shown this one elsewhere but thought I’d add it to this thread as technically it’s deactivated. A relic SMLE. I made a trench sign to mount it on
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection  

Excellent work.

Well, Father Christmas got me an Italian M37 HMG! Probably would have come in handy mounted to his sleigh whilst flying over some parts of the world at the moment.

It’s a beast of a gun and weighs a ton. I’m not sure my wife realised how big it was when she bought it, especially after she lugged it to my mother in laws and back again to keep it hidden. Unfortunately, despite my pleading, it’s not allowed to remain in the living room.
    I’ll have to try and do another group shot in the New Year

Every living room should have one! Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast