MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery holster

Article about: I picked up this occupation made VZ 27 a while back, and it came with a holster that I haven't seen before. It has the look of a German holster with the external magazine pouch, but the latc

Default Mystery holster

I picked up this occupation made VZ 27 a while back, and it came with a holster that I haven't seen before. It has the look of a German holster with the external magazine pouch, but the latch has a British broad arrow. The pistol/magazine fit snuggly, so I am going to assume it was made for this firearm. It almost looks like some kinda mut holster, like an American shoulder rig but I don't believe the Germans had many if any shoulder holsters for their sidearms. Definitely has that old musty leather smell. Any guesses? Thanks!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery holster   Mystery holster  

Mystery holster   Mystery holster  

?

Looks like a custom made holster

Yea it seems that way for sure, I can't find anything like it. Fortunately, the holster was just a bonus, I was after the gun which is in great shape and dated. Seems odd someone would make a custom holster for a mediocre handgun in a weak caliber, but hell, maybe it was a trophy pistol and some guy wanted something to put it in. Thanks for the input RH1941!!

Is it possible that this holster has been made privately and fits a Colt 1903? That pistol is slightly longer than the CZ27.

The "Lift the Dot" is very US or British, I believe.

SOE or OSS use? Just fantasising.

Cheers,
    Emile

That's sort of what I'm thinking Emile. A privately made holster. It shares similarities with the colt 45 american shoulder holster and luftwaffe side holster but it's not them. The button is most certainly some kind of allied part but the outer magazine pouch screams central European/Belgian. If it was SOE that would be freaking wild!! But like you said, just a dream at this point

I have a British P37 revolver holster that has been extensively modified post war by the Dutch for the Inglis Hi Power automatic-one of the 6 changes/additions was a push stud closure/lift for the flap of the type used on the P44 webbing for the waterbottle-identical to the OP's example-also have a couple of ex German holsters for a P08 and P38 modified for the webbing used by the Norwegians post war. Not uncommon to modify something to something else.

Definitely could be something like that Lithgow, a modified holster from something else, Im just wondering.. what was the base then? And it fits a CZ27, which wasn't exactly the greatest of handguns, I suppose someone could of loved it enough to make their own. Just never seen another one like it.