Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd

Article about: I wanted to share this nambu type 14 large trigger gaurd I was able to pick up a couple of weeks ago. The finish is overall good shape the numbers all appear to match except the magazine. I

Default Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd

I wanted to share this nambu type 14 large trigger gaurd I was able to pick up a couple of weeks ago. The finish is overall good shape the numbers all appear to match except the magazine. I believe the production year is 1943 for the pistol. Now all I need to do is replace the saftey lever, some one soldered a piece of brass on after breaking the original one. It was in a 1911 holster that had been cut so you can have easy access to trigger, the interesting thing about it has the name Dale Miller on it possibly the name of the vet that brought it back. Cheers, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd   Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd  

Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd   Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd  

Default Re: Nambu Type 14 Large Trigger Gaurd

I have a T14 pistol but would much rather have an M1911-no comparison as a practical weapon...

?

A very nice pistol Robert , it`s great to see it . The pistol is actually dated Showa 15 which translates to 1940 and March of that year .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I agree lithgow the 1911 is a timeless design. Thanks Alan it being produced earlier than I thought is a pleasant surprise. Cheers, Robert

Though i agree with the other respected Forum members on the versatility, power and timeless design of the M1911, i congratulate you, for your purchase, as the Nambu type 14 is a good Japanese pistol. The enlarged trigger-guard is the effect of the Manchourian campaign, demanding use by wearing heavy gloves. The finger cut M1911A1 shoulder holster, sure is cool with the fighter's name on it...Very good Robert indeed...Best regards, Thanos.

?

Nice T14, I hope you can get a replacement safety lever.

A good site for Japanese pistols: Nambu World: TeriĀfs Japanese Handgun Website 'Nambu world-Teri's Japanese Handguns-you may be able to get advice on parts.

Thanks Thanos, Samnev and Lithgow. I will shop around for a deal on a saftey level, if I can't find one I see were some have sold on flebay and I could probly pick one up off of there if one cannot be found elsewhere. Cheers, Robert