Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New m1 Garand my first one

Article about: Someone owed me money and this is what I got instead which I have always wanted one. I know it was made in the 1950s? . It doesn't matter to me if its ww2 receiver or not. Is this rifle just

FNG
    ?

No i have not, on a plane heading to the east coast but i will when i get back. Good idea though

I can send pictures at a later date whenever you get back of where these will usually crack and signs of welds.

This site will help you with the drawing numbers on the parts USRifleCAL30M1.com You can tell if the barrel and receiver are original to each other if you pull the bolt back and the end of the barrel has the same finish as the 2. If it's still "in the white" the barrel is new to the receiver. The stamped trigger guards were in use from July, 1944 until the end of production. If it's from the CMP it's anyone's guess as far as all the parts being original. These were all gone over so may times by unit armorers, and they used parts as needed to keep them shooting.

?

Lets see her out of the wood??
    Would be nice to see how her workings look.

You did good for $700. You got your money's worth +some!!

If you have a M-2 ball cartridge's around . Stick the projectile(Bullet) down into the bore and take a photo.
    If worn really bad the round will go all the way in and will be stopped by the casing's neck. We refer to that as a sewer pipe!!
    If bore is better, when less bullet goes down the pipe. This is a quick bore erosion test.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

These are fun rifles and very satisfying to shoot. If you are looking for a good reference book on these, the following is, in my opinion, excellent:

New m1 Garand my first one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3