Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Odd M1 Carbine

Article about: Look at this clip. Around the 5:20 mark. Looks like an M1 Carbine with an extended barrel. Are my eyes playing a trick on me? Log into Facebook

Looks like an M8 grenade launcher for the M1 carbine.

Quote by toot View Post
    so were they ever used in combat by US troops? and were they listed as BEAUTWAFFEN?
    Do you mean Beutewaffen? If so what prompts the question?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Do you mean Beutewaffen? If so what prompts the question?
    I think he's referring to the experimental T3 variant in post #2 Mark. Can't say I've sever seen evidence if this being used in ETO or any other theatre of ops to be fair.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I think he's referring to the experimental T3 variant in post #2 Mark. Can't say I've sever seen evidence if this being used in ETO or any other theatre of ops to be fair.
    That did occur to me but I was just puzzled by the "BEAUTWAFFEN" (as opposed to Beutewaffen) reference as Beutewaffen is the German word for captured enemy weapons pressed into German service and I couldn't see the connection. Or am I missing something?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-10-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Not just you Mark, it’s out of scope for me too.

PRE
    ?

For what it's worth, there were no official lists kept by the Germans of what specific types of captured weapons they acquired. Alot of people assume that the 'Kennblatter Fremden Gerats' was a list of captured weapons. It was actually a series of reference booklets used by armorers, Ordnance staff, et al. to identify the types of weapons they encountered in the field or were brought to sorting points. It was an evolving list of what was known of other countries' weapons at the time of publication, as opposed to being limited to what had been seized.

Pat

?

Blackcat1982, yes that was what I meant, thank you for understanding what I meant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2