Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

“ax” 1941 K98

Article about: I bought this a few years back but I don’t think I ever shared it on the forum! It’s a 1941 ax (Erma) factory produced, it is a Russian capture rifle but it being a scarce maker I still

Default “ax” 1941 K98

I bought this a few years back but I don’t think I ever shared it on the forum!

It’s a 1941 ax (Erma) factory produced, it is a Russian capture rifle but it being a scarce maker I still seen it as a desirable K98 I had to have. I love the finish of the stock (may have been redone at some point I’m not 100% sure) and it’s the nice solid walnut. It still retains its buttstock cartouche but the receiver waffenampts are removed as is most RC rifles. Feel free to post your ax if you have one!

“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98“ax” 1941 K98

Nice score Goon! walnut is a plus and walnut takes a good stand out stamp for markings. Erma produced and 1941 dated rifles are tougher to come by I have always heard. Mine not an Erma but a 1940 Borsigwalde [243] code. Pictured here a while back. Pretty sentimental as my dad brought this one back. Glad I held onto it all these years naturally. Thanks for sharing.

I have another 41 but it's a duv maker, I have a semi kreigsmodell last ditch K98 aswell that I may show soon. Also thats incredible ill have to go find your thread on that! thats a keeper for sure and priceless.

Not in a position to post photographs, but I have one of these, though not quite as nice as yours! When I first got it, it was in a Yugo stock that I’ve since replaced with an Erma one (WaA280). They’re scarce indeed, only around 100,000 rifles made under this code. I think Erma did manufacture more Kar98 rifles, but under another code, if my memory serves me well.

B.B.

I remember seeing that post you made on that and nice restoration you did on it! and yes the older code was "27" then later moved to ax, I believe it was around 150,000 total made at erma.

Thanks Goon. Post should be there. My Borsigwalde was captured from a building in a town the germans retreated from and occupied by U.S. troops. A few small arms were discovered and soldiers investigated. Father snagged the rifle which matches including the sling marked L&F for Linden and Funk. No Capture Papers however and he never mentioned them. Would have added icing to the cake I suppose.

non the less thats an incredible story and provinince that K98 has with it. One of a kind!

It looks as though yours has been spared the Soviet electro pencilling on the bolt. Very nice example.

Sadly it is there, but faint.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Sadly it is there, but faint.
    Be thankful it's feint.