Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii

Article about: A favorite from my bring back collection that I bought off Gunbroker in 2019 in which I was the only bidder. I’m glad there were no other bidders. There may be a few reasons for that. The

Default “Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii

A favorite from my bring back collection that I bought off Gunbroker in 2019 in which I was the only bidder. I’m glad there were no other bidders. There may be a few reasons for that. The condition of the gun, its location and no feedback from the seller. I have not seen any bringbacks from a 442nd vet in the past few years I have been collecting them. This particular Czech CZ 27 bring back is from T/5 Tech Corporal William Takesaburo Oshiro. He was one of 650 men who served in the in the 522nd Field Artillery Battalion. The 522nd was an integral component of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. Yet the unit itself also stood alone for its remarkable accomplishments. The 522nd successfully completed every one of its 52 assignments, supporting more than seven different army divisions and units. The men traveled 1,100 miles in pursuit of the retreating Germans, from the Saar and Rhine Rivers to the Austrian border. As you can see by the pics the gun has rust issues. The rust appears to be surface in nature. Obliviously, I didn’t buy if for the condition but rather for the history. The additional pictures sent by the seller show the rust is not too deeply pitted. It may have been stored in its original holster for many years plus the high Hawaiian humidity probably contributed to the rust. This gun was purchased out of a Hawaiian estate. The gun is being shipped from the vet’s hometown in Hawaii. I got the rust off by soaking it in Kroil oil for a few days and then used a fine bronze pad.

I have some interesting information on Mr Oshiro: “By the way, on his Registration Card where it says CPC Kunia Camp, at first I thought maybe that was some sort of Japanese relocation camp or something. Turns out all it was is California Packing Company (Del Monte) Kunia Camp Plantation where people lived that worked on the plantation, which at the time William T. Oshiro was there, evidently it was a sugar cane plantation. On the 1940 Census, it shows a lot of his family are irrigation labor on the sugar cane plantation.”

I’m happy to be the new caretaker of this piece of history!
    “Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii

MAP
    ?

Great pick up. Great background. Cleaned up fairly well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP. Yes, I was surprised how good it looked after all that rust was gone.

PRE
    ?

I agree, really excellent acquisition! Such great history from a famed unit, too.
    Pat

Thanks!