MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on K98 S/42G

Article about: My neighbor has shown me this K 98 that her father brought back from World War II. Looks like the serial number on stock is different than parts on Rifle. I did not see a serial number on ba

Default Opinions on K98 S/42G

My neighbor has shown me this K 98 that her father brought back from World War II. Looks like the serial number on stock is different than parts on Rifle. I did not see a serial number on barrel band or butt plate. Also looks like serial number on the thing you flip back to remove bolt is mismatched and stock looks refinished to me but not sure. I’m thinking about purchasing it from the family. Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on K98 S/42G   Opinions on K98 S/42G  

Opinions on K98 S/42G   Opinions on K98 S/42G  

?

The buttstock is here wrong as this is a czechoslovak Vz24 rifle buttstock, i assume other parts are too mixmasters. We should see the receiver as i assume the upperwooden handguard would be not proper on Kar98k. Possible only trigerhouse and bolt are from Kar98k. When serialed 4764F3 so the buttstock should be from Vz24 rifle produced for CS army around 1933/4.

She took the rifle back from me as a family member decided they wanted it…just as well. It looked like it had a Weimar eagle by serial number so looked to be some kind of conversion possibly from a GEW on a new receiver. Thanks for the response.
    Rob

I would pass too! Way too many issues with this one.

?

Yes this is the best choice, i assume its a normal Vz24 rifle, which someone replaced bolt and magazine triggerhousing. Bayonet S84/98 is of late war production, wrongly added into scabbard.