Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

P38,luger holster,type 99 Japanese rifle,pickup today opinions

Article about: Stopped at a little gunshop today,saw a matching correct p38 cvq and a type 99 Japanese rifle.Made a deal for package,then found out a luger holster came with it.P38 was brought back in the

oh yes I do like my late war bayos! passed off most but I still have my best '44 one

TC, I am not taking anything away from your nice example; just adding history. This could have been traded to a USGI for a few pack of smokes. No one will know. I have seen a few bring back papers with peened Swas.
    John

A couple more great scores! Love that P-38. The Type 99 is also a nice addition and I know they are climbing in price too like most milsurps. Mentioned before the one my friend scored for $25 back in 1972. Just sittin there in a rack at an LGS. Practically giving it away! Was a real hoot to fire with those 7.7 Norma rounds. Thanks for showing.

Thanks mauser!John ,had a collector friend look at the p38,he said it was never in russian hands,in his opinion,all original.They would not peen the tiny swaz in the field or most times even in the factory.A lot of RC refurbed k98s swazs were not peened either.Its just a worn or poorly applied stamp, seen some examples like it.Anyway no biggy,need to put it on the p38 forum,those guys are pretty good with these,especially late war p38s.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 12-18-2020 at 08:47 PM.

An interesting discussion guys.

Toecutter, wonder if you could field strip the pistol to see the markings on the internal parts. I would say the pistol has its original finish. Pistol has the brownish coloring on the frame in the correct locations. Refinished pistols also will not have the painted safety S and F. F looks good, could not see the S. Checking the various stamping marks, on the frame after the serial number is a letter and then the waffen inspector # with an eagle. I do not see that on your frame. Could be punches to erase them. One the slide there are punch markes (indentations) not sure if done on purpose. I also like guns that show they were there, not in some desk drawer. You had a very good buy, these days everything is either over priced or scarce.

John

ThanksJohn ,those pits are defects in the metal that were not polished out,it was not a priority at this stage of the war.The frame has the ser. no. and letter block z,then an aristick ,then e88.The frame was previously rejected and then used later in production I read.Internal parts are correctly marked,will try and post some pics tomorrow.These last ditch pieces are interesting.

Deleted
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-21-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2