Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P38 & p1

Article about: hello to all sharing few pics of Mauser P38 44 & Walther P1 both fun to shoot, sometimes @ the same time. Both all matching pistols, P38 is 2nd variation, P1 has all the upgrades, fat sl

?

Default P38 & p1

hello to all sharing few pics of Mauser P38 44 & Walther P1 both fun to shoot, sometimes @ the same time. Both all matching pistols, P38 is 2nd variation, P1 has all the upgrades, fat slide etc, white target is P1 other is P38. The Vet carved his initials & date on p38 grip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 & p1   P38 & p1  

P38 & p1   P38 & p1  

P38 & p1   P38 & p1  

P38 & p1   P38 & p1  

P38 & p1   P38 & p1  

Nice pair of guns.
    John

?

forgot 1 pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 & p1  

MAP
    ?

Nice shooting!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

thanks, nothing much else to do this time of year , except fishing, pleased with the P1 7 shots touching vertical line below bull 1 flyer to the lower left, other smaller holes just a .22 taurus.

They both look really nice! Do you have a favorite? It looks like the P38 is the more accurate of the two, assuming both targets were shot at the same range. I am intrigued by your technique of shooting both at the same time. I have never tryed that, but I don't think I could do it with acceptable accuracy. Did it take a lot of practice to shoot two pistols at once?

?

@ Richard, be the p1, lighter, has the upgrade white dot, p38 I really dont shoot much if a part breaks wont be a matching gun anymore, 2 pistols just to break the boredom that metal target really dances then, little practice, dry run with snap caps, u know form alignment breath proper trigger squeeze ect. then speed comes naturally targets @ about 7yrds, I like mechanical targets tracers tannerite also just to break it up,

Both P38's look very nice.
    Thanks for sharing them with us.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I think that the P38 and the Browning high power were the best handguns of WW2.

?

Nice pair of pistols. My father had a 1980's P1 and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it so he gave it to me as a birthday present. It is arguably my most accurate pistol - I guess you just have to know how to shoot them. There are heaps of stories online about these being a weak action so I try to shoot light loads just to be on the safe side.

Alex