Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Mauser9,
    Thanks for the comments. They are from top to bottom:
    1945 QVE K43
    1944 i block byf High Turret
    1945 no letter block ZF41
    1944 d block Steyr Single Claw

Hi gentlemen,

Very nice collections, félicitations.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Quote by mdarnell19 View Post
    Mauser9,
    Thanks for the comments. They are from top to bottom:
    1945 QVE K43
    1944 i block byf High Turret
    1945 no letter block ZF41
    1944 d block Steyr Single Claw
    Yes but are they Really , ORIGINAL ????

Hi Gentlemen,

My 20th Mauser.

S 147 G : Sauer & Sohn 1935 - 2522c, walnut stock.
    Carl Kuntze - Penig 1937 sling.

Do you know what is the little insignia on the right side ?.

Carfin.

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

?

Thought I would add my modest (but, I think, lovely) example to this mind-boggling thread..

A 1936, S/27 Erma-werke model, which (I believe) to have been a Heer issue.
    The mismatch of numbers and near obliteration of the stock waffenampt stamps would indicate a captured/re-worked weapon, but it appears that much of the Heer ‘H’ stamp remains (I must confess to a little disappointment at this, as I was hoping for an ‘L’)!

Following this informative thread, I had initially thought the rifle to be from Russian stocks, though I can find no trace of an ‘X’ mark or laser pen etching. There are, however, numerous other stamps across the furniture, which I have no doubt you will be very able to translate!

There are a couple of characters beneath the added numerals to the left of the butt. I cannot discern the first, while the second is clearly a ‘B’ (or Cyrillic V).
    To the right, upper face of the bolt recess, there appears to be a pair of canted ‘A’ (Cyrillic A) stamps, flanked by two possible ‘H’ (Cyrillic N) marks.
    However, the underside of the stock shows what I think is a ‘Z’ (clearly not Russian Cyrillic, though possibly another Eastern European form, if not actually German)!

I think that just about covers my findings, and shall await your expert advice..
    My sincerest thanks, as always.
    Bob

By the way, it’s amazing how you don’t realise how filthy things are until you start to photograph them close up! (I am heartily ashamed and shall get the cleaning kit out immediately).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Default 21th & 22th.

Hello gentlemen,

The last two arrivals in my Gew. & K98k collection.

21st : K98k 660 (Steyr Daimler Puch - Early type) from 1940. -Matching Number 9403 C - with its sling.

22st : Gew. 98 Mauser Waffenfabrik Oberndorf/N from 1916. - N° 7818 CC except a WW2 bolt.

Both found in private homes, but who did not keep them in good conditions. (78 to 105 years)
    I still managed to save these two relics from a slow death and restore them.
    I can now display the two new members with the 20 other models.
    Carfin.

1) K98k - 660 - 1940

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

2) Gew 98 - Mauser Waffenfabrik - 1916

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Quite a display ya got there Carfin! Amazing at what can still be found out there. Keeping history alive

Hello gentlemen,

Thank you for this very nice comment "mauser9".
    I try as much as I can to save what can still be saved from the history of my country.

If you want to see more of my collection, go to "Collection display" in this forum, the Tread "My private Museum" page 20.
    Carfin.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Members who have read this thread: 25