Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PO8 with deaths head stamps

Article about: Hey guys , this nice PO8 went in the same auction as the SS chained dagger and thought you might enjoy seeing it . Sold for 3600.00 US before fees . Very good price IMO , only wish I had the

Yep fantasy strikes again! Death's Head stamp on the gun is unreal! Pretty bad. Not surprised someone got duped though. Happens all the time with German militaria.

I love the arse covering disclaimer by the dealer, clearly suspects it's not right but your choice.

?

The only real thing could be the DH inprinted into leather on holster as similar was reported on period pictures probably on WAF forum, otherway Luger is normall Wehrmacht proofed in Mauser Ob. so the third eagle from left and DH stamp looks wrong, the complete grips are probably postwar made to copy RZM PPK Walther. The additional alu DH is probably as mentioned from Panzer unit.

My simple rule is: If is German WW2 check, but it probably is, If is SS then it's a fake now prove to me it isn't. That way I do not shell out thousands on a ruined item.

I'm afraid that the money involved is too great to resist now, combine that with the multitude of people who want to own a little piece of history but know relatively little and it is a perfect recipe for crooks.

I would like to say that the work done here by the mass of experts is laudable and very well done and one of the reasons why I only frequent this forum shunning the rest.

Keep up the good work.

R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2