Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Ppk rzm party official

Article about: Picked this rzm party official ppk up. Serial number range in the correct range. Im thinking 1935 manufacture but maybe one of you knows for sure. Holster and 2 mags came with it. Not sure o

Quote by FiveArmies View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out to me. After examining the tabs and armband its hard to tell which is not original to the tunic. Both are quite well stitched in but if I had to guess I would say the armband is not original. It is a very fine uniform and I would guess that a lowly Anwaerter/candidate would not be able to afford such a thing? However, a Bereitschaftsleiter is not that far up the rank order so... hmm.

I am going thru the book Uniforms of the NSDAP and I can't figure out which one is the right armband for a Bereitschaftsleiter. Is it on page 175, Armband for Ortsgruppenleiter?
    You're welcome! Of course, one can only guess whether a candidate could afford such a uniform or not. No doubt it's a nice uniform. Does it have an RZM label in the inside pocket? If so, I would imagine that it bears the maker's mark "D2 60218" like Tim's Abschnittsleiter tunic does and was therefore made by HUGO BOSS. Without having seen the tunic closely, I would also assume that the armband was sewn on later. At least that's usually the case. For some reason either all the insignia is missing or just the armband. According to the regulations, Ortsgruppenleiter could only hold the ranks above the Gemeinschaftsleiter. Theoretically, a Bereitschaftsleiter could hold all positions except for the Ortsgruppenleiter. In my opinion, a blockleiter or Amtsleiter would fit best.

Helmut Weitze has got an Armband for Ortsgruppe Amtleiter in stock (just as a hint):

Armbinde Ortsgruppenleitung fur einen Leiter einer Amts, ab 1939 - III. Reich 1933 - 1945 - Insignia of the NSDAP and Organisations - Military Antiques

Default RZM Label and Armbands

Yes, there is an RZM label in the inside coat pocket as I've attached. Doesn't look like its a Hugo Boss. And I've attached 2 armbands to ask your opinion which one is correct for the Bereitschaftsleiter? Or neither of these? The one with the label "eines Amtes" under looks like what Herr Weitz is selling. Its quite confusing with the armbands and the rank tabs!

Hope I haven't hijacked this thread too much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ppk rzm party official   Ppk rzm party official  

Ppk rzm party official  

MAP
    ?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    ....I would imagine that it bears the maker's mark "D2 60218" like Tim's Abschnittsleiter tunic does and was therefore made by HUGO BOSS.
    Just curious. Why would we assume it is maker marked D2 60218? I don't study these at all but from a layman's perspective I would assume that there would be many manufacturers of these?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by FiveArmies View Post
    Yes, there is an RZM label in the inside coat pocket as I've attached. Doesn't look like its a Hugo Boss. And I've attached 2 armbands to ask your opinion which one is correct for the Bereitschaftsleiter? Or neither of these? The one with the label "eines Amtes" under looks like what Herr Weitz is selling. Its quite confusing with the armbands and the rank tabs!

Hope I haven't hijacked this thread too much.
    The lower illustration in Jeff Clark's book shows the armband for a Ortsgruppenleiter. You cannot use these because Ortsgruppenleiters held the ranks from Gemeinschaftsleiter (four pips) upwards. As previously stated, you can use any of the other positions or associated armbands that existed in the Orts level for your Bereitschaftsleiter. Just not the armband of a Ortsgruppenleiter and - of course - PL Candidate. Yes, the armband on Weitzes Homepage is the same as the one above in Clark's book. You could use these. And no, your tunic doesn't seem to be from HUGO BOSS.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just curious. Why would we assume it is maker marked D2 60218? I don't study these at all but from a layman's perspective I would assume that there would be many manufacturers of these?
    Yes, of course there were many manufacturers who made these tunics. Also lots of tailors they made to private order. But HUGO BOSS is of course one of the best-known and most sought-after manufacturers. The tunic's chic cut reminded me of boss tunics, so it was just a guess.

Does the RZM tag look ok to you? The stitching is kinda irregular. We always expect the German made stuff to be perfect

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5