Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Radom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom Grips

Article about: I picked up an interesting Radom. 1st alphabet series. Overall the condition is pretty good. Comes without any specific information other than the grandfather brought it back from the war. L

Default Radom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom Grips

I picked up an interesting Radom. 1st alphabet series. Overall the condition is pretty good. Comes without any specific information other than the grandfather brought it back from the war. Likely would have had a good story on when and where it was acquired and when the grips were changed. I am guessing during the occupation period; to fill time. Sunlicht Gesellschaft ag mannheim appears to be a personal care products manufacturer before, during and after the war. I think the grips should stay with the gun to preserve its history but it is tempting to replace them. A pretty neat snapshot in time though.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Radom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom GripsRadom VIS 35, 3 lever with Custom Grips

Nice pistol!

I would get rid of the ugly grip plates.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

+1
    Cheers,
    Luc

?

A very nice Radom.
    I am surprised that there isn't a Sweetheart behind those plexiglass panels.
    I agree, They should stay to show its history.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

that is you, it is a part of it's history.

It's a nice gun and the grips are part of the history. If it were mine, I would keep the grips.

Perspex grips speak of wartime trench art. With aircraft wreaks supplying ample supplies troops with time on their hands would scavenge the perspex for this sort of small project. You can find the same use of perspex on various knife hilts. I would leave as is as it's in keeping with the war souvenir it likely was.

Thank you for the replies. I think the grips should remain part of history. The story would be interesting since the topic of the grips is boring. My his new girlfriend worked there.
    John

?

good for you! I agree.