Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up

Article about: I just picked this up at a pawn shop for 1k U.S. I hope it's a good deal since reproduction go for same price. I'm curious what's the thoughts on it to how original it came from factory. Alw

FNG
    ?

Thank you , yes very hard to find. Here are a couple photos of the inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saginaw S'G' I just picked up   Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up   Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up   Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

I would have bought that at 1k all day long!!!! Great deal
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

FNG
    ?

Best part I sold a gun I had no money into since it was part of a trade and bought this carbine with the sell at pawn shop...it worked out. What would value go for this these days? I was told 2k . I think it's more....imo

MAP
    ?

Nice purchase! Looks like a mixture of IP and S parts!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hate to venture a guess but yes prices on milsurps have risen drastically the last few years. Probably a better chance of finding certain guns like your carbine that have not been altered or enhanced. 98ks can be a real minefield I know. Nice to have an unmessed with example lately. Again nice rifle indeed.

Sure makes me wish I would have grabbed the M-1 carbine I saw at a run down LGS 20 years back. Almost by itself in a wooden rack and cheap as I recall. Just my luck it was a untouched example. They sure look like a handy rifle for target and small game. Ruger came out with an M-1 carbine version of their 10/22 a while back. Sounds like a fun time too!

FNG
    ?

Well you never know you might find another one.

FNG
    ?

Thanks for the response, it definitely is, original pieces are hard to find

Don't even get me started with 98k 😆

It will be worth what someone in need is willing to pay when you sell it. On a good day 2K on a great day 2.2K. Reinvest the proceeds into more good stuff.
    John

Quote by FNG View Post
    Thanks for the response, it definitely is, original pieces are hard to find

Don't even get me started with 98k ������
    Ha! I hear ya FNG At least you are off to a great start with the M-1. Really gotta know what you are looking at when you hunt for a 98k. Hear some real horror stories over on K98k Forum from people getting hosed with enhanced and mis-matched guns which they paid big bucks for. Guess I am pretty lucky just walking into my father's bedroom and removing his bringback when I see these guns going for close to $3000 nowadays. No wonder so many were turned into sporters in the 50s -60s Weren't worth much back then!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast