Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet 1941 Nagant & Tokarev pistols

Article about: Hi, here are pics of my WW2 Soviet handguns for viewing. Both are 1941 dated, and veteran bring backs. I do not have the US military "capture" papers for either unfortunately. Very

Default Re: Soviet 1941 Nagant & Tokarev pistols

Quote by Jason L View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I have been looking for a Star Model B E/WaA251 or E/WaAD20.
    I was hoping you could take some more detailed pics of yours.It looks really nice
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Hi Jason, you will look a while, and get your checkbook ready. Sure I will take her out, and get some good pics for you soon. The pics will also be good for any members with interest in adding a "Nazi Star Model B" to their collection.

You picked one of my favorite pistols, and one of my rarest, and also one of the most faked. Many, many Star model B's were stamped with fake WaA markings a few years back. Crooked European, and US importers or distributors were stamping many of them to increase the sales prices.

According to Stills Axis Pistols, there were only 20,500 delivered to the Army, and 6,500 delivered to the Kriegsmarine. Not all were waffenampt.

The only way to be 100% sure of a Star model B being a Nazi procured pistol, is from the serial number. If you find one for sale, let me know the serial, and I will look it up for you in my $2000 book.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Jason, you will look a while, and get your checkbook ready. Sure I will take her out, and get some good pics for you soon. The pics will also be good for any members with interest in adding a "Nazi Star Model B" to their collection.

You picked one of my favorite pistols, and one of my rarest, and also one of the most faked. Many, many Star model B's were stamped with fake WaA markings a few years back. Crooked European, and US importers or distributors were stamping many of them to increase the sales prices.

According to Stills Axis Pistols, there were only 20,500 delivered to the Army, and 6,500 delivered to the Kriegsmarine. Not all were waffenampt.

The only way to be 100% sure of a Star model B being a Nazi procured pistol, is from the serial number. If you find one for sale, let me know the serial, and I will look it up for you in my $2000 book.

Regards, Steve
    Thanks Steve,
    I know it is rare....it is one of the few pistols I am missing.I thankyou for your willingness to help...this is a good thing.BTW I have Axis Pistols too
    Cheers,
    Jason
    Here is a good link to the fakes
    http://www.panchogun.com/FVWebPhotos...aA-6x100px.jpg

Alright then, I thought I would mention a site that I thought you could get reasonable weapons. Apparently you would like to berate everyone's suggestions. I believe that is quite uncalled for...

Quote by visor_cap_collector View Post
    Alright then, I thought I would mention a site that I thought you could get reasonable weapons. Apparently you would like to berate everyone's suggestions. I believe that is quite uncalled for...
    Hi stick guy, sorry you mis-understood what I was saying and took it personal, and thought I "would like to berate "everyones" suggestions". I disagree though, if you read my original post it was about original Tokarevs and Nagants.

And my reply post, if you read it, I did not, and "it" did not "berate" you or "everyones" opinions. I do not berate anyone on this forum, and will not. Import/refinished guns are perfect for re-enactors, and good for people who who just want a Soviet wartime, or pre war pistol. If you are "Not sure if aresenal refinished or not." I know you are obviously not a gun collector, or at least a serious one.

Sorry if I have offended you, or anyone else. Seems I have overlooked the re-enactor members, and others who do not have the money, time, patience, knowledge, will, passion, etc. to search for good condition original examples of these pistols.

I was hoping for a little serious discussion on these pistols, and maybe seeing some of the other members original pistols.

Regards, Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2