Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Revolver Bring Back

Article about: The pistol appears to be a Spanish-made copy of a S&W type pistol brought home by Joseph R. Dunn. I bought this from a dealer who bought it at a gun show. Here is his story on the acquis

Default Spanish Revolver Bring Back

The pistol appears to be a Spanish-made copy of a S&W type pistol brought home by Joseph R. Dunn. I bought this from a dealer who bought it at a gun show. Here is his story on the acquisition: I bought this Spanish revolver with papers this weekend. I have never seen another with paperwork. Very nice bore, locks up tight. Holster is original to the pistol. Paper is a little worse for wear, but I found it in the bottom of the holster. It has to have been there since the vet put it in there. The seller did not know it was there until I pulled it out.
    Spanish Revolver Bring BackSpanish Revolver Bring BackSpanish Revolver Bring Back

MAP
    ?

Another nice pick up. You're on a roll. What caliber is the pistol?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a Hermanos Orbea like yours in cal. 10,35 mm that was bought for the Italian army on 1916:

Spanish Revolver Bring Back

Weapons of this type were supplied to the British forces in .455 cal during WW1. Known as the 'Old Pattern No2, there was also an Old Pattern No1... the difference being the maker. Also supplied to the French - but probably in a different calibre. They were withdrawn from service around 1920. The pistol had no cylinder lock up until the hammer was at full cock and if a couple of rounds had been fired, the weight of the full chambers could spin the cylinder and leave a fired chamber near the top. My own example carries British proofs in the flutes of the cylinder.

Cheers,
    Steve