Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?

Article about: Good afternoon fella's, I found this Spring Fuzee up in the hills in Hong Kong. It may have been from a British Vickers MG, but I suspect it is from a Chinese made Maxim Gun, Captured by the

?

Default Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?

Good afternoon fella's,
    I found this Spring Fuzee up in the hills in Hong Kong.
    It may have been from a British Vickers MG, but I suspect it is from a Chinese made Maxim Gun, Captured by the Japanese in China and used against the Allies in the Battle for Hong Kong.
    Can anyone tell me if there was a difference in Size of the Spring in the two guns?
    There are several stamps on the botton nut.
    J , E, F3 (at about 3 O'clock), There also appears to be two possible Chinese Characters (at 12 & 9 O'Clock)?

I did also find another object right next to the spring. It's a round steel plate with 3 countersunk screw holes and a "one wing" Butterfly screw that runs through the plate and looks to adjust something on the other side. It looks like a switch of some kind.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Appreciate any clues.

Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?

Default Re: Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?

Banny

This looks like a British marking with a crown at the top

Regards

Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?  

?

Default Re: Spring Fuzee. Chinese Maxim or British Vickers?

Thanks very much Richie,

After another little scrub, it does look like it could be a crown, still too faint to tell. But it certainly is not a J.
    I have been searching everywhere for Maxim parts, but it appears to be Vickers.
    What I thought looked to be some sort of Chinese inspection marks are actually the British "Big Arrow" stamp.
    I Appreciate the help, cheers

Billyfor
    ?

Default Best Forex Brokers Loyal Forex Free Demo

HIghly recommended broker Loyal Forex. The only forex broker i trust. They are an stp forex brokers with the lowest spreads. They give you up to 20% bonus or $5000 bonus. Loyal Forex