Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sten barrel

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone would have an answer to this. I have an original Sten barrel exactly like the one pictured, and was wondering if the bushing on the barrel that I have circle

?

Default Sten barrel

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would have an answer to this. I have an original Sten barrel exactly like the one pictured, and was wondering if the bushing on the barrel that I have circled, is removable from the barrel itself, or if it is one complete piece? My barrel also has the pin hole through it like the one shown. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten barrel  

Hell RH...Merry Christmas ..the Firearms Gents may be out and about this holiday weekend...but your thread will not go unanswered.
    Have patience and someone will be along soon.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes, the Barrel-Bushing is removable...
    Attached Images Attached Images Sten barrel 

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    Only the Barrel-Bushing shroud is removable...
    Not the part you're referring to...

?

The reason I ask about this is because of what I have read about how these barrels were produced. It appears that there was two different ways these barrels were manufactured:

1. Machined as a one piece unit from a piece of barrel stock.

2. A barrel "Collar" was machined from a piece of cylinder, then the barrel stock was machined to fit in the end of the collar. A hole was then drilled into the barrel stock and collar piece, then the barrel was pinned to the collar, making it a two piece barrel. This would seem to explain why the barrels would have the small hole like shown in the picture I posted.

When I look at my barrel, it also appears that the two piece design would make sense, as there appears to be a very slight gap between the barrel and the collar itself, making it appear that it could not be one solid piece. I also don't know why there would be that small pin hole in the barrel either if it was a one piece design, as it would serve no purpose?

But I could be wrong though?