Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stg relic

Article about: Was wondering if I could get some opinions please. I have opportunity to buy a relic stg for 1500. Not sure what they even go for Thank you

MAP
    ?

Mine is similar in condition to BlackCat. Essentially ours are De-Act's and not "relics"

Yours looks like it has gone through quite a bit of restoration to stabilize it. At least what I can see from these photos.

No idea on value. I got mine for under $1k back in 2014 and haven't kept up on market values.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What do you think would be a price to offer?

Lightbulb

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Price appraisals are not permitted! 1500 marbles?
    Or possibly Roubles at today's rate.

Given the poor photos - I can see no markings, date, Waffenamts etc - this looks like a relic which has been 'blown over' (as we used to say in the used car trade ). It looks OK from a distance, but the closer you get...I don't like it.

In my opinion, it's really only worth what you're willing to pay to possess something that looks like an MP44.

i've been looking at a few relic guns from latvia but you have to be careful that they are relics and not just slightly rusty live firearms. i think it's automatic 10 years minimum prison sentence for possession of firearms

If you are in the states be aware the ATF and CBP have been hammering down on gun parts coming in from Europe. Lots of single saw cut receivers being grabbed these days, especially AK and VZ58 types. The ATF needs 3 cuts displacing 1/4" or more of material to be destroyed. Back i the day single saw cuts were legal, then 3 saw cuts now 3 torch cuts on the receiver

It seems stupid to me that an automatic weapon can be legally purchased after the receiver has had three torch cuts - and then legally re-assembled into a functioning arm by welding. So whats the point of cutting it up in the first place?

?

If it was not registered, A FULLY AUTOMATIC can NOT legally be welded back together by a common citizen.
    Now if I was a Type 7 FFL/SOT and had a Demo letter from an official agency. Then I could weld it up to a fully functional weapon.
    That weapon could NOT be transferred to the civilian market.

As to the OP, Tread Lightly.

Semper Fi
    Phil

You can do a reweld, it just has to be made semi only with mods not allowing for select fire capability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2