Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Took some guns out to photograph.

Article about: Please, can you give us pictures of the MG 42? It seems it is a post war.

Default Took some guns out to photograph.

Decided to put the G41(m) into auction, and hauled out a couple of additional German automatics during the photographing.
    Found that red rust spots have invaded this safe (not the G41 - but nearly all the other mags had been hit), and so the afternoon was spent with oil and a rag.
    Here is some of the German collection.
    (FG is Japanese replica, MP40 with mag in is Japanese replica)

Pit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took some guns out to photograph.   Took some guns out to photograph.  

Took some guns out to photograph.  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pitfighter; 11-02-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Default Re: Took some guns out to photograph.

These mags have all suffered the dreaded rust bug and will now have to re-examine safe.

Pit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took some guns out to photograph.  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (94.1 KB, 521 views)

All very nice guns! - Love the German MGs's. Thanks for taking the
    trouble to photograph and post them. Rust can indeed be a pain.

When you say the MP40 is a Japanese replica, do you
    mean a fully functioning weapon.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you, Walkwolf,

This was quick cell phone photography, and mainly about the G41(m).

The FG42 is made by a company called Shoei - the main parts are made of a cast soft metal, it cannot fire - it is nice though.
    It has brass dummy rounds that cycle through it - in full auto it is open bolt, in semi it chambers the round with the bolt ending in the closed position.
    It was part of a trade, and I have kept it, I am a fan of the Grand Sasso raid (FG first type, I know, lol) story and the FG warrants a place in my collection replica or not, second type or not.

The MP40 with the mag in place is a Tokyo Toy replica from the 60's - it is a cast metal, and heavier than the real MP40. I would not fire anything in it, and it was not intended to fire.

Most of the rust has brushed off - I am pleased to say.

None of the modern guns have been affected at all - but I stow the mags for those in another safe.
    Beats me.

Pit.

I guess the 'Tokyo Toy Co.' was a forerunner to 'Replica Arms Inc.'
    of the 1970's, who made cast replicas of popular pistols and
    rifles from the 21st century.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I don't know, perhaps.

I had lots of replicas at one time, as I found more original items, I traded off the replicas.
    I have had the TT Mp40 for sale a long time, no one wants it, so it has stuck around, lol.

Pit.

?

Are the MGs all fully functioning/full auto guns?

I must say I would never pile them on top of each other especially if you're having rust issues-it is contagious with contact. Some of the Japanese replicas are better made than the originals-saw a PPSh41 example a couple of years ago like that. There's a bloke in the south west of WA who hand makes replicas to order that strip/assemble, dry fire etc but they are pretty pricey.

Very nice collection indeed, is there a gun you haven't got yet that you are after? Jonathan.

Severin,

I am circling some desirables - but they have become soooo expensive now, even in kit form.
    I will find them in trades, or buying out collections, it is sort of like archeology.
    But on the look out for:

G41(w) - MG37(t) - MP43 - MKB42 - MP38 - MP41 - MP18 - MP28 - MP35
    Almost anything water-cooled - but the MG08 series, particularly interest me.
    A Mauser (t) model would be nice.
    I have moved my collection away from the regular bolt action Mausers as I do not agree with the prices they are demanding in light of what else is available.
    (I'm not paying the same for a massively produced imported rifle, as an MP40 kit, which has a huge neat factor attached, and interests me a lot more.)
    But I do like the G33/40 and the K98 sniper variants have great history.
    *I am not knocking any one else's collection, I am just not as interested in variations in codes and numbers on the same weapon, as I am in the richness of the trophy and where it might have served. I have friends with the collectors society here, who will get physically excited over a rare factory code, or obscure K98 variant - I like heavy metal.

Lithgow,

As you can imagine, the items in the pic are very furtively placed on each other, they may look scattered, but believe me I know every scratch in the woodwork, and don't want to add any - the guns were taken out to be oiled down, and stripped - this is the before photo, lol.

Scout,

The full auto guns do NOT operate as they once did - the semi automatics do.

Thanks guys,
    I am a fairly recent collector, and still learning - which means making mistakes, love sites like this and being able to share all of your valuable experiences and knowledge.

Pit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast