Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

TT-33 which i have a few questions about

Article about: Hey all, Recently got this TT-33, a 1945 Izhevsk manufacture TT. Found it curious that it has red/brownish bakelite grips and seeing how they, together with the entire gun, were covered in c

Default TT-33 which i have a few questions about

Hey all,

Recently got this TT-33, a 1945 Izhevsk manufacture TT.
    Found it curious that it has red/brownish bakelite grips and seeing how they, together with the entire gun, were covered in cosmoline.. i doubt they're replica's!
    Anyone know anything about them? i suspect it's a transitional model when they switched from wood to plastic grips in 1944/1945

Furthermore, anyone know what the double W stamp and the 1240.72 stamps are?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TT-33 which i have a few questions about   TT-33 which i have a few questions about  

TT-33 which i have a few questions about   TT-33 which i have a few questions about  

TT-33 which i have a few questions about  

I don't know what the double w stamp is, but I have seen the same stamp on a Gewehr88/05.

I don't know what the double w stamp is, but I have seen the same stamp on a Gewehr88/05.
    Please delete this duplicate post. I could not figure out how to delete it.

Great example in pristine condition,have seen them with both black and red/brown bakelite grips.

Do you happen to know the dates, manufacturer and serialnumbers on those examples?
    would be nice to find out what determines which color of grips they have