Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

Article about: Hi Ade, Yes I have seen the reproductions, I have given them a thought, I would like to keep it all ww2 period, and obviously because it’s deactivated they would never be used in anger as it

Default Re: Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

I see now !! Thanks for the info, it appears you are the man to know !! haha

?

If it was used on an MN sniper the elevationturret markings will be quite different. On a non modified scope the numbers between 0 an d1 will have a wide space. If modified for the MN sniper the spacing will be pretty uniform. The scope on the left is an unmodified SVT scope. The one on the right is one that has been modified for use on a MN sniper

I hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Sam

?

That scope is an SVT scope modified for use on a MN sniper. The even sspacing between 0 and 1 on the elevation turret is the give away.

The turret on the left is an unmodified SVT scope. The on on the right is an SVT scope modified for use on the MN sniper. It's the same on the scope for sale on eBay.

Thanks for the info Sam !! I am learning more by the day, only started on this path a couple of weeks ago when I stumbled across this SVT, which of the scope's on Fleabay are you referring to ??

Cheers Martin

Quote by samnev View Post
    That scope is an SVT scope modified for use on a MN sniper. The even sspacing between 0 and 1 on the elevation turret is the give away.

The turret on the left is an unmodified SVT scope. The on on the right is an SVT scope modified for use on the MN sniper. It's the same on the scope for sale on eBay.
    I have at least one which defies this. It is a 1940 progress scope (clearly originally for a SVT40) that was mated with a M91/30 during the arsenal Refurb that does not show this change in grading. I'm sure this is the exception rather than the rule. The CB should also be a tell.

BTW the Kharkov scope picture I put up is not altered and still appears to have its original SVT calibration.

?

[QUOTE=Totenhead;771664]Hi

Are you talking about the scope mount ??

This scope here is a real one is it ??? Obviously it is not with a mount ?

WWII ORIGINAL Russian SVT-40 SVT-38 Tokarev Sniper Scope 1941

The one I am talking about is the one you linked in the quoted message. A look at the elevation turret photo will show the more linear spacing for a scope modified for use on the MN sniper.

Hi Sam

Yes I can see what you mean, indeed, the distance between the 0-1 is the smaller, the original SVT-40 scope, the distance is larger.

One question ? Why is this so ? Did the MN have a longer range than the SVT, hence the differant trajectory of the round?

Cheers

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Hi Sam

Yes I can see what you mean, indeed, the distance between the 0-1 is the smaller, the original SVT-40 scope, the distance is larger.

One question ? Why is this so ? Did the MN have a longer range than the SVT, hence the differant trajectory of the round?

Cheers
    Hi Martin,
    I am speculating but my best guess is that since the MN 91 variants have a much longer barrel than the SVT 40, the velocity the MN has greater muzzle velocity than the SVT therefore less drop as the projo moves down range. I have never seen published data MV for either weapon using the Russian sniper ammo (7N1) therefore it's my best guess it's the difference in MV cause the trajectory to be different. Therefore the difference in calibration. I see the same difference in bullet between my TRG 22 which has a longer barrel than my AIAW (both 308) with both using the same model Nightforce scope and same ammo. The elevation setting are quite different between the 2 rifles.
    Cheers,
    Sam

Cheers Sam !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6