Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated

Article about: I recently bought this Holster at a flea market In France, I didn't pay anything for it as the person tending the stall threw it in with a few other Items. My first thoughts where that it wa

Default Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated

I recently bought this Holster at a flea market In France, I didn't pay anything for it as the person tending the stall threw it in with a few other Items. My first thoughts where that it was ether Dutch or French army. But due to its weird Shape I have no idea what Pistol this goes too, that is if it is a holster !. I've got to say I'm pretty stuck on this one, so any suggestions on its origin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated   Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated  

Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated   Unknown Holster, any suggestions appreciated  

Hmmm. It doesn't look to have the regular belt loops or hangers of a holster. My shot in the dark is a case for a specialized machinist's or carpenter's tool. Or a pouch for keeping isosceles triangles safe.

Looks like a flag pouch????

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very possibly, i just assumed it was military as I bought it from a mostly military stool. It does have some Holes on the top and on the side. It could possibly be missing the Loops or whatever it used to attach it to a belt, as it looks and feels quite old. I should also add I can find no Military stamps, or any markings at all on it

ian
    ?

its a tool pouch for a bycycle ,,missing the 2 top loops to go on the x bar and the side loop to go on the frame
    cheers ian

That actually makes a lot of sense, I should think this is probably an civilian piece. Rather than military issue ?

ian
    ?

i would say civi,,and i think it is european ,ive seen pouches like it on bycicles in germany and austria , the brits tended to use a small pouch ,hanging from the back of the saddle but you dont see them much any more ,certanly not like in europe ,

Yeah, now you mention it I definitely see what you mean. Thanks for shedding some light on it

Of course, many Continental armies were big users of bicycles-I remember seeing an article on the TV news about current Swiss cycle troops a few years back, so it could be military or civil.