Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown type magazines ????

Article about: in which weapons are those magazines ???thank you

?

Default Unknown type magazines ????

in which weapons are those magazines ???thank youUnknown type magazines ????Unknown type magazines ????Unknown type magazines ????Unknown type magazines ????

Far (R) is for the Spanish Erma MPE copy in 9mm Largo, 2nd from (R) is Beretta 38/42/44.......the 3rd from (R) is Bergmann MP35......I'm not too sure about the mag on the far (L)......maybe KE-7 lmg???

Actually, far (L) looks a lot like a Czech ZB39.......

Its not a ZB39, I've got 2 ZB39s and a load of mags and its not the same.

I agree that its not for a ZB39, but could the mag on the left be for the later ZB52/57? I don't have any great still photography references, but Ian of Forgotten Weapons has done a video on a 7.62x39mm vz 52/57 & it certainly looks similar. In particular, there seems to be the identifying cut-out in one side of the feed lips. I cannot narrow it beyond either the vz 52 or the vz 52/57 (not sure if there was any difference between the original mags & those for guns converted to 7.62x39mm?) though.

I know this is a very old thread & the OP has not even visited the forum for quite a few months... but I am interested in the Bren & its predecessors etc so, due to the limited photographic references noted above, I would be interested in a positive ID by others for my own 'education'.

Many thanks,

Well I’m pretty convinced you’ve nailed it. I’ve looked at a few photos and I think your right. Kev Groom either has one or used to have one so I bet he could confirm it.

?

Vz-52 general purpose machine gun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown type magazines ????