Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?

Article about: Anyone know why this rifle has no maker's mark? The caliber designation is hidden on the bottom of the barrel under the stock. It has the crown over B,U and g marks and 5.4mm in the bottom o

Default unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?

Anyone know why this rifle has no maker's mark? The caliber designation is hidden on the bottom of the barrel under the stock. It has the crown over B,U and g marks and 5.4mm in the bottom of the barrel. No maker's marks nowhere. any idea's?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?unmarked .22 SS training rifle. No maker's marks!?

It looks to me like a pre war Mauser ES 340. Are there any other markings? And what lead to you thinking it is SS?

Any crown mark will indicate Imperial era, though some Imperial type proof marks did survive into the post WW1 era. But these training rifles would likely be used well into the 1930's.

Sorry for the confusion, when i put SS i meant single shot. I think on the Mauser the back of the bolt cocking piece is different. The only markings are proof marks, serial number, and 5.4mm. nothing else.

Think i figured it out, i believe this was made by Emil Kerner Suhl. I found one identical but marked and by the serial number it was made 59 rifles before this one.