Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Walther P38 AC-45

Article about: Picked this one up last month, a Walther in the C block range. The start of a new collection. Unfortunately it has proof marks on the barrel but that is something you 'll always going to see

?

Default Walther P38 AC-45

Picked this one up last month, a Walther in the C block range.

The start of a new collection.

Unfortunately it has proof marks on the barrel but that is something you 'll always going to see here in Europe. You might be lucky sometimes if they put them in an inconspicuous place.

Walther P38 AC-45Walther P38 AC-45

I read that guns imported from America must be reproofed in Europe, but I was not aware that Guns made in Europe also had to be proofed again. Is it because your P38 was manufactured prior to the current proof standard? Would a new gun from Germany need to be reproofed to be sold in Belgium?

?

Quote by Richard2 View Post
    I read that guns imported from America must be reproofed in Europe, but I was not aware that Guns made in Europe also had to be proofed again.
    Guns imported from America get proofed and proof stampt in Belgium.

Is it because your P38 was manufactured prior to the current proof standard?
    I think it got proofed because it has to be listed in the CWR (Central weapon registery).

Would a new gun from Germany need to be reproofed to be sold in Belgium?
    If the gun was proofed in germany it still needs to get listed in the CWR they won't restamp it.

That is a very nice late war P38. Congrats.
    John

?

Thanks John.

Very nice p38!Looks to have durofol grips,a plus,they look like a wood grain,look on the inside of grip and see if it says Durofol.

?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Very nice p38!Looks to have durofol grips,a plus,they look like a wood grain,look on the inside of grip and see if it says Durofol.
    I am not able to read what is on the inside of the grip. I made a picture but i am afraid the quality isn't the best.

Walther P38 AC-45Walther P38 AC-45

The diamond does indicate the grips were made by Durofol. These were common on late war P.38. There are not any serial numbers or Waffempt markings on Durofol grips either.
    John

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    The diamond does indicate the grips were made by Durofol. These were common on late war P.38. There are not any serial numbers or Waffempt markings on Durofol grips either.
    John
    Correct there are no serial numbers or Waffempt markings. Only the numbers of the used mold 7 and 11.

I thought those looked like it,they are desirable grips,Durofol handguards were used on DUV G43s.