Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther sportmodell V

Article about: Another something I wasn't looking for but couldn't pass up.I plan to find a correct period scope for this rifle and would appreciate any input also would like to know the origin of the stam

Default Walther sportmodell V

Another something I wasn't looking for but couldn't pass up.I plan to find a correct period scope for this rifle and would appreciate any input also would like to know the origin of the stamp in the stock.I mounted an old tasco scope to test the accuracy before investing in a proper scope and was very pleased when I 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.Walther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VI also did a side by side comparison with a k-98 after my oldest son told me to do so. I found that if you close your eyes and shoulder each weapon there is very little to no difference in feel or weight.Thanks for any comments or help,John.

Nice score and I like the comparison John. Wish I could offer more info but my book only says similar to model V single shot but with micrometer sight and checkered wood. Can you tell what year yours was made?

Quote by johnbhm View Post
    Another something I wasn't looking for but couldn't pass up.I plan to find a correct period scope for this rifle and would appreciate any input also would like to know the origin of the stamp in the stock.I mounted an old tasco scope to test the accuracy before investing in a proper scope and was very pleased when I 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.Walther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VI also did a side by side comparison with a k-98 after my oldest son told me to do so. I found that if you close your eyes and shoulder each weapon there is very little to no difference in feel or weight.Thanks for any comments or help,John.
    I added the serial and proof photo. I did not get a date on this gun only somewhere between 36 and 40 also the K98 in the photo is only 3 oz's heavier than the walther.
    Walther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell V

Walther sportmodell VWalther sportmodell VTook a while but thought I would do a follow up with scope. Thanks, JohnWalther sportmodell V

CBH
    ?

That’s a beautiful rifle, and the period correct scope looks great.
    Thanks for the update, stay safe.