Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Winchester 1897 Riot US marked

Article about: Hello everyone! This 97 was proposed to me, but something does not convince me. Dated 1910 from the serial number, present the US and flaming bomb, but it leaves me very perplexed...especial

?

Default Winchester 1897 Riot US marked

Hello everyone! This 97 was proposed to me, but something does not convince me. Dated 1910 from the serial number, present the US and flaming bomb, but it leaves me very perplexed...especially the flaming bomb, it is completely different from all those affixed to other weapons of the period, and moreover it is crooked...I know that the older models were branded by hand during WW1, does it seem plausible to you or is it a fake? Also it seems to me that it has been refurbished, could it be a job in the arsenal or was it done by a civilian?

?

Any opinion is welcome of course, thank you very much!

There is too much missing info in the pics and a serial number is required. Pics of the barrel markings for bore size should be stamped close to the flaming bomb on the barrel. Pics need to be clear and should be in natural light. The markings on the left side of the receiver were hand stamped for the shotguns procured for the Philippine Insurrection, but not after. The flaming bomb on the receiver does not look like the correct style. The AA arsenal rebuild mark on the stock does not look like the correct style either.
    John

OP Where are you?
    John

?

Thanks for your reply. yes these are my same doubts...So it's probably a fake ''military'' history. I'm in Italy.