Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Winchester Model 1200 Trench Gun

Article about: period of weird weapons here in Italy! Just seen at gunshop, they sell it as vintage US Police shotgun...Of course it caught my attention. What do you think about it? From my research, it ap

?

Default Winchester Model 1200 Trench Gun

period of weird weapons here in Italy! Just seen at gunshop, they sell it as vintage US Police shotgun...Of course it caught my attention. What do you think about it?

From my research, it appears that Winchester created this version for the military in Vietnam war in late '60. When they began to leave the place in the early 1970s, they were handed over to various police departments and prison guards.

From what I have seen, the types of furnitures changed radically from one piece to another. Of course the most interesting part is the barrel heathshield, with attachment for the M5 bayonet.

I think it’s a regular commercial made shotgun that had the barrel cut down and heat shield and bayo lug added. Not made to deceive I don’t believe as they left the original stock on. Police shotguns and riot guns wouldn’t have the heat shield and bayo lug and weapons used by the military would have had stamps added when put into service.

Another put together trench gun, sorry to say.
    John

?

Thanks guys, you have confirmed all my doubts. Who knows if I'll ever find an original trench gun to add to the collection...

Quote by Trupa View Post
    Thanks guys, you have confirmed all my doubts. Who knows if I'll ever find an original trench gun to add to the collection...
    They are out there but I still do not have one. I am just too cheap.
    John