Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback

Article about: Hello all, I stumbled across this K98 that's up for auction today and am considering making a bid on it as it ends soon and is still relatively cheap at the moment. There is no import markin

Default WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback

Hello all, I stumbled across this K98 that's up for auction today and am considering making a bid on it as it ends soon and is still relatively cheap at the moment. There is no import marking as it's a vet bring back with all parts matching with the exception of the bolt if I'm not mistaken. I just wanted to get other opinions on it but I'm really hoping I'll be able to get this as I really need to get a K98 sooner or later

WW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet BringbackWW2 German K98 Vet Bringback

MAP
    ?

Looks like a classic duffle cut bring back. Probably picked a rifle out of one pile of captured /surrendered weapons and the bolt out of another pile.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks tidy. You'd want to inquire on the condition of the bore. With non matching bolt probably should price that into your offer.

Good it's not a late war one as the later metals are inferior!

Looks fine to me chbingle, if it is the right price for you then why not treat yourself!

Having the duffle cut and mismatched bolt 400.00 tops.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Having the duffle cut and mismatched bolt 400.00 tops.

Marty
    I think your price is a little low.
    Russsian captures are easily topping that price, an otherwise untouched bolt mismatch, not sanded Etc, sells for $800-$1000 depending on the code. I just sold a bcd 4 bolt mm recently for $800, lasted less than an hour on gun boards. They are typically 1/2the price of a matching rifle.

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    I think your price is a little low.
    Russsian captures are easily topping that price, an otherwise untouched bolt mismatch, not sanded Etc, sells for $800-$1000 depending on the code. I just sold a bcd 4 bolt mm recently for $800, lasted less than an hour on gun boards. They are typically 1/2the price of a matching rifle.
    Well my 100% matching 95% condition is wroth a premium!!!!!!
    I believe the duffle cut hurts a non matching rifle.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Well my 100% matching 95% condition is wroth a premium!!!!!!
    I believe the duffle cut hurts a non matching rifle.
    Marty
    Agreed a matching rifle is worth a premium, especially one in 95% condition. What code/ year is it? Would love to see it as k 98s are a favorite of mine. As for a duffle cut, for most collector it has little to no effect on price as long as it’s hidden. It may bother some though

If all else looks legit I would say $700-800 tops. Even R/Cs are fetching $600 on up where 20 years back they could be had for $250. 98ks seem to be riding the crest of the wave with collectors lately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast