Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 shooting experience

Article about: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a friend of mine recently went on a 'WW2 Shooting Day' with a UK company called 'Skill At Arms' - apparently all the firearms were .

?

Default WW2 shooting experience

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a friend of mine recently went on a 'WW2 Shooting Day' with a UK company called 'Skill At Arms' - apparently all the firearms were .22 calibre conversions for the bolt action rifles (and single shot, not mag fed, for the Lee Enfields and K98s), and .22 modern replicas for the others (e.g. MP40, MP44 etc), with some modern .22 rifles as well. The thing is that their website really seems to suggest you are firing the real thing, so if you are booking anything like this, just be aware what you are actually getting, versus what the website suggests. In the end he enjoyed it, but not as much as he was expecting.

It may be a UK thing, where they can only offer .22 guns, but if you are not a regular firing live weapons, it is worth being aware of this given that some vendors don't seem open about this for some reason.

Cheers

Interesting as i was looking forward to booking the WW2 experiance at The Tunnel shooting range near Charmouth, Last year my friend did it and used correct calibre (thou single loaded) rifles. Iv'e just looked on their site & they all seem converted to .22 rim fire ,wonder if the laws have changed yet again? Shooting Experiences | thetunnel if the rifles haven't got a kick ,i ain't bovvering Regards, Paul

It does actually say on the WW2 Shooting Experience website that all the weapons used are of 'reduced calibre'. You are firing the real thing, but only in .22... and that is nowhere near as much fun. You get more kick out of a spring powered air rifle!

Cheers,
    Steve

PRE
    ?

You guys need to come over here once this virus nonsense is over and shoot the real thing. Tie it into a vacation for the family and make it even more fun!

Pat

?

Sorry you gents have to go through such nonsense to fire historic military weapons. Over here, we just pack it up and head to the range.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Sorry you gents have to go through such nonsense to fire historic military weapons. Over here, we just pack it up and head to the range.
    When I was shooting the real thing it was a bit too big to pack it up and head to the range, we needed a 10 Ton wagon to pull it.

D&B Militaria are offering something similar, but from their description the weapons are all full-calibre. The costs of the experience include a trip to Poland, where the shooting range is located.

Unfortunately if you’re in the UK, anything that isn’t bolt-action is going to be in .22 calibre. That’s just the way things are here. Personally, I’m happy with our legal situation regarding firearms. Our laws are far from the most stringent in Europe, and things are tight enough that nutcases going on the rampage isn’t a common occurrence. Sure, a visit to London or another big city increases your risk of getting stabbed, but at least you can outrun a knife!

B.B.

?

Unless that nutcase is driving a motor vehicle.