Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1936 Berlin Olympic Compass

Article about: Hello to all, i need your opinions and expertise if possible to know if this is a good or bad buy.i went researching but got no conclusion.and if it worths Arlindo 60€,Thanks in Advance

Default 1936 Berlin Olympic Compass

Hello to all, i need your opinions and expertise if possible to know if this is a good or bad buy.i went researching but got no conclusion.and if it worths Around 60€,1936 Berlin Olympic Compass1936 Berlin Olympic Compass1936 Berlin Olympic Compass1936 Berlin Olympic Compass1936 Berlin Olympic Compass1936 Berlin Olympic CompassThanks in Advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Berlin Olympic Compass
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Fake.

Thanks CBH, what can i look for in these to help me recognize a good one, if someone has one please share. Thanks again

Ah yes, another genuine 1936 Olympics brass compass. One of these showed up on this Forum in December 2012, see it here German Olympics Compass I have seen these on ebay starting at $11.95; here are a couple of examples and there is still a truck-load of them being offered.. The sellers of this Kitsch sometimes describe it s an Olympic souvenir. Actually, they were sold to lost tourists so that they could find the only drinking fountain in the Olympic complex. Apparently the poor sap who made this one couldn't sketch a swasitka.

Here's a real one left over from the Snyder collection

Dwight

MAP
    ?

Quote by Salonete View Post
    Thanks CBH, what can i look for in these to help me recognize a good one, if someone has one please share. Thanks again
    What Chris meant is that there are no good ones. They are "Fantasy", hence they never existed so nothing to compare to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Yes, thank you Micheal. Sorry for the curt answer.
    Olympic compasses belong to the same realm as nazi harmonics, that of fantasy.
    Can’t compare to the nonexistent.

Hello, many thanks for your help, ehehehhe didnt know, always learning.

CBH
    ?

You might get short answer here sometimes, but you can learn a lot around here.
    I’d advise you to stay away from non-issue items, cigarette cases, Olympic items are a minefield.

OK Chris i will follow, stay away from non issued items, short awnser or not it helped, i know that you re always beeing "bombarded" with this kinds of questions so i totally understand. Ive been out too many time so iam back
    Thanks again

I have long assumed that the far-sighted Nazi regime must have placed orders with Indian manufacturers prior to 1936, to manufacture these compasses towards the end of the 20th century as valuable future mementos of the 1936 Olympics. Leica (apparently) also employed Zorki, the Russian manufacturer of 35mm camera's to produce Luftwaffe issue Leica's for sale years after the end of the war. Mugs are born every day.