Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

aluminium flag pole

Article about: hello,what do You think about the originality of this flag pole?the details of the obverse are not the worst,but what concerns me is the reversed hackenkreutz on thee left side of the piece,

Default aluminium flag pole

hello,what do You think about the originality of this flag pole?the details of the obverse are not the worst,but what concerns me is the reversed hackenkreutz on thee left side of the piece,something like this rather dont have the law to exist on the iii reich pieces,what do you think?the second thing is the obverse the details are very weak and it looks for me like a ''hidden cast'' in the hollow piece,but i can be wrong
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture aluminium flag pole   aluminium flag pole  

aluminium flag pole   aluminium flag pole  

aluminium flag pole   aluminium flag pole  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement aluminium flag pole
    P
    Many

?

Heer Standard bearers gorget.

A link
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture aluminium flag pole  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Hello Michal, The reversed Swaz's on the left hand side are correct. That is intended to show the back side of the standard and that is how the would have appeared. I am a little concerned by the damage to the upper tips. It looks like one side is missing and the other side is smashed together . Do you think this was caused by someone trying to pry it off the Gorget. Unfortunate.

SAmann

?

As to Originality, I think it is most likely a good, but damaged, one. Most of the fakes I have seen were solid castings and not die struck. Normally, there would be some tabs or lugs on the back for mounting to the Gorget. So the screw hole counts as damage also.

Here are a couple of pics of my known Original for you to compare. My piece was unused and never had the tabs or lugs applied.

aluminium flag pole aluminium flag pole

SAmann
    Last edited by SAMann; 08-22-2021 at 05:49 PM.

thank You very much for the repsonsse Gents
    really itnteresting i wasnt even aware about the existing of such gorget,thank You Gwar for this lesson.
    really beutyfull example You have SAMann,the details are IMO almost identical so i'm happy to have most likely an abused original.
    actually in my collecting i'm trying to keep the uncommon items altough not the best shape.
    one more time thank You
    by the way maybe someone have in database a photo showing such gorget 'in wear'?
    regards

?

I do not collect gorgets so my thinking on this piece may be completely wrong but to me, it looks like the one shown by SAmann is much sharper detailed both on the obverse and reverse compared to the one shown by Michal19. The reverse of Michal19's looks very soft like the reverse of repro tinnies that one sees. Again, I defer to others who collect these items but just putting this out there.
    Duzig(Bill)