Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Befreiungsschiessen Saar Medal

Article about: I suppose this is the correct sub forum to post this on. Anyway, i wanted to share this with you all. This is a medal or commemorative coin award from a "Liberation shooting" conte

Default Befreiungsschiessen Saar Medal

I suppose this is the correct sub forum to post this on. Anyway, i wanted to share this with you all. This is a medal or commemorative coin award from a "Liberation shooting" contest held after the liberation of the Saar region in 1935. Quite detailed, made of what i assume is silver. "Tell Pachten" is a town or city i assume? if anyone knows more about this please share. Befreiungsschiessen Saar Medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Befreiungsschiessen Saar Medal
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Never seen one of these before. But there are lot's of commemorative style table medals/awards for all different types of events.

This one looks really nice. Good detail and a nice design. I like it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The medallion commemorates the return of the Saar Basin Territory to Germany following the plebiscite in1935. The shooting club held a shooting match to celebrate the Saarland’s return and had the medallion struck, reportedly under the auspices of Herrmann Göring. The medallion is silver-plated bronze and was made in two versions; one a medallion, and the other with a suspension ring and ribbon to be worn. The first version was sold to the public and the latter version was awarded to the match participants. The medallion has been re-struck using the original dies for limited sales and for museum displays. Unauthorized replicas have also been manufactured. The replicas lack the details of the originals and the re-strikes that used the original dies. Below is an example of the second version. The shooting club still exists, now called, Schützenverein Tell e. V., Dillingen-Pachten. The basic information for this post is from Taschen-Brockhaus zum Zeitgeschehen, 1942. Dwight