MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Big eagle

Article about: Hello! what do you think of this eagle, 40 cms wide Heer, party....

Default Big eagle

Hello! what do you think of this eagle, 40 cms wide

Big eagle

Heer, party....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big eagle
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Eagle is facing the wrong way for NSDAP.

As to who it was for, I can't really tell. Style is closer to Heer however
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think also, found in one house in Metz town, France.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

raz
    ?

Is it wood or plaster ?? How about pics of back ?

Lebus12: I think you have a good one there, but I am not sure. I checked in the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP, 3. Auflage, 1937, p. 451 and found this ordinance and illustration, titled “Verordnung über die Gestaltung des Hoheitszeichens des Reichs Ordinance for the design of the emblem of the Reich from 7 March 1936. The rest says, "In relation to Article 1 of the ordinance on the emblem of the Reich of 5 November 1935 (Reichsgesetz I p. 1287), "I direct the emblem of the Reich show the swastika surrounded by an oak wreath and an eagle with open wings. The eagle's head is turned to the right.” It is signed-off by Hitler Frick and Hess.
    There are ordinances after 1937 that direct the eagle’s head be facing to the left. I don't know what the disc is all about and the one in the photo below complies with the ordinance, but the the wings on yours are folded. Is the coloring on your disc rust?
    Dwight

Big eagle

MAP
    ?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Lebus12: I think you have a good one there, but I am not sure. I checked in the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP, 3. Auflage, 1937, p. 451 and found this ordinance and illustration, titled “Verordnung über die Gestaltung des Hoheitszeichens des Reichs Ordinance for the design of the emblem of the Reich from 7 March 1936. The rest says, "In relation to Article 1 of the ordinance on the emblem of the Reich of 5 November 1935 (Reichsgesetz I p. 1287), "I direct the emblem of the Reich show the swastika surrounded by an oak wreath and an eagle with open wings. The eagle's head is turned to the right.” It is signed-off by Hitler Frick and Hess.
    There are ordinances after 1937 that direct the eagle’s head be facing to the left. I don't know what the disc is all about and the one in the photo below complies with the ordinance, but the the wings on yours are folded. Is the coloring on your disc rust?
    Dwight

Big eagle
    Dwight,

Agree that early eagles had the head in the opposite direction (for got this). But the whole design of the eagle is different. Thick draping wings versus the outstretched wings.

Although I do not think it is, the design much more closely resembles the Wehrmacht adler as seen on decals and awards.

These are not something I know much about however so will defer to others on originality and branch of service. Interesting piece.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP. The folded wing version of the Reichadler was used on the terminal of the Tempelhof airport. When I was stationed there, they were still up but the Swastikas had been destroyed. One of those eagles looked right and the other looked left, so that they were looking at each other. I have seen that same folded wing version on desktop eagles. I wish I had a later edition of the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP to see if there was an ordinance that specifically addressed the folded wing version. The disc he has posted is a fairly big one, but he has provided no details as to what it is made of, but it might have been something made to be inlaid into something bigger. My gut feeling is that it is real, I just don't know what it might have been intended for, but I don't think it was Wehrmacht-related. As you say, it's an interesting piece. Dwight

MAP
    ?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    MAP. The folded wing version of the Reichadler was used on the terminal of the Tempelhof airport. When I was stationed there, they were still up but the Swastikas had been destroyed. One of those eagles looked right and the other looked left, so that they were looking at each other. I have seen that same folded wing version on desktop eagles. I wish I had a later edition of the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP to see if there was an ordinance that specifically addressed the folded wing version. The disc he has posted is a fairly big one, but he has provided no details as to what it is made of, but it might have been something made to be inlaid into something bigger. My gut feeling is that it is real, I just don't know what it might have been intended for, but I don't think it was Wehrmacht-related. As you say, it's an interesting piece. Dwight
    Agree, I don't think it is Wehrmacht either. And defer to your actual experiences. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Official Governement buildings had these above their public entrances.
    Ussually made off concrete casting.
    Some buildings still have them but off course with the hakenkreuz removed.

Rene