Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife

Article about: Picked this piece up from a reputable dealer I had recommend to me by some people here on the site and received it today. Has anyone else seen or acquired a piece? It's provenance is somethi

Default Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife

Picked this piece up from a reputable dealer I had recommend to me by some people here on the site and received it today.

Has anyone else seen or acquired a piece?

It's provenance is something of a question mark, as I've seen two places mention it being associated with the Reich Chancellery (including the site I purchased it from) and one associated with the Berghof (Yannes, but I know people's thoughts on him a 50/50), but I haven't seen any corroboration for either of those locations referenced anywhere.

I *have* had a few people mention they believe it was associated with Martin Bormann in some capacity Tom Wittman had a 3 piece set he mentioned Bormann in one of his DITC videos on), but I have a theory that is both different and connected; That the pattern is associated with the NSKK (and thus Bormann as he founded the organization that later turned into it)...I base this on the fact the political eagle on the knife and the logo of the NSKK are close to being identical to one another (in so far as I can tell).

Granted, I can't find any known silver items associated with the NSKK, but it would make sense that as a political organization they would have SOMETHING...and it makes more sense that the monogram would be their logo than something not affiliated with the group. Factor in that Bormann founded the predecessor organization and was closely associated with Hitler (which made the recognizable Hitler silverware) and it at least lends the theory some credence.

Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife   Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife  

Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife   Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife  

Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bruckmann Marked Political Eagle Knife
    P
    Many