Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

commemorative stone

Article about: hello i just want to share the thing that i had found by the coincidence itl look like a some commemorative stone connected to RAD.it stiil stands on territory of todays poland and its measu

Default commemorative stone

hello i just want to share the thing that i had found by the coincidence
    itl look like a some commemorative stone connected to RAD.it stiil stands on territory of todays poland and its measures like a small car
    hope You will like it
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture commemorative stone   commemorative stone  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement commemorative stone
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Pretty neat fine. Too big to bring home.

Is it out in the open or hidden away out of sight?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very beautiful find, and a piece of history seldom seen as a lot of them have been de-nazified or removed over time, it is s Gedenktmal or Gedenktstein, a memorial / monument stone, a German tradition that dates back several centuries, these were very common at the FAD and RAD Arbeitsdienstlagers, as well as in commercial use to mark spots of importance or historical reminder, hand carved out of stone or other types of material, Can I ask what area in general it was found as to perhaps identify the Ableitung that may have made it and a few better photo's if possible with any legible information.. Here is one that is still in existence today, there are actually books in a series that show the RAD stones from original photos and one's that still are around , Thanks for showing. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture commemorative stone   commemorative stone  

commemorative stone  

?

michal19, upon further examination of the photo I believe I see a 4/115 Abteilung, if so it could be Arbeitsgau XI, Mittelschlesien, Gruppe Freiburg, 4/115 Friedland or 4/115 Zobten am Berge, Honor name 'Siling'.. hope to hear from you soon.. G

thank You for the informaton,i wasnt aware about the gedenkmal existence,very interesting thing.
    the one that i had found is located on the south of Poland near the city called Wałbrzych-the German Waldenburg.
    the stone is located a few kilometers on the south from the city,very near of todays Czech border.
    i hope this helps with further identification

it is located on the slope of the mountain,in a hard to drive terrain so it is visible from the street beside of the trees but i think that in this place no one is looking in that direction
    almost no one

?

Hello ! Thanks for the additional information, I have Arbeitsgau XI Mittelschlesien, Abt 1/115 as Waldenburg, very interesting find, as of yet our database is still growing with over 1000 original photos of most camps and honor names, but I do not have a photo of 1/115, if it comes to light I will post it in the future, thanks for the reply, G

ok nice to know what exactly i had found,maybe some photo data will appear in the future
    i'm looking forward
    regards

?

I have been in contact with Wim. Saris and he has corrected a statement I have made in the above post
    '1/115 for example is stated in late 1938 as Freiburg

In Silezia. 1/115 in March 1941 the unit is stated to

Have gotten the honor-name "Graf Gessler”.'
    Many Thanks to Wim. for the update and keeping me in check, he has been an inspiration in my continuing education concerning the Reichsarbeitsdienst.. G

Interesting subject ... I’m out and about until next week, I’ll check my files for pics etc. when I get back.
    "Per Ardua"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast