Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Creepy Treblinka Tin Sign

Article about: Good Morning Guys, Thought I would throw out something that I feel would cause some debate. I couldn't find a designated area for something like this so maybe a Mod could move the post to th

?

Default Creepy Treblinka Tin Sign

Good Morning Guys,

Thought I would throw out something that I feel might cause some debate. I couldn't find a designated area for something like this so maybe a Mod could move the post to the appropriate place, if needed. A buddy of mine overseas has just acquired this sign. I know pretty much nothing about these, I have seen a lot of them over the years and had a few, but never really worried too much about originality. I have picked them up in trades or paid peanuts for them.

But he is thinking about, or has, made a pretty considerable investment in this one. He asked me to check around for opinions and a possible value. He is convinced of its Originality, but I truly do not know.

Really, this particular sign kind of Creeps me out.

Please do not just dismiss it out of hand, but take a good loo at the pics and let me know what you think. I would greatly appreciate comments from anyone who has expertise, or collects things like this.

Many Thanks,

SAmann

Creepy Treblinka Tin Sign Creepy Treblinka Tin Sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Creepy Treblinka Tin Sign
    P
    Many

?

There are a few aspects of this hobby where people are guaranteed to lose their money. Flatware, Holocaust items and Emaille signs. This one combines two of them. I would not spend $20 on this sign. Fake.

Not original

Tell your buddy to keep his money in his wallet. This one is bad to the bone.

B.B.

It’s not fake. It is a complete piece of fantasy. The only thing missing is “Adolf Hitlers” signature on the back

Total fantasy item..

It took me about 10 seconds to find this....

Treblinka / Kommandantur sign

Why would the commandant have to embellish his office headquarters (if this is what it is supposed to be) with so many SS runes and swastikas? Overkill with the Totenkopf and then the addition of the enamel factory at the bottom.. Ridiculous piece..

Your friend just wasted a bunch of money.. Had they done some research it would have benefitted..

Smitty

?

Many Thanks, guys,

You confirmed my thoughts exactly. But, I told him I would do due diligence for him. My initial thought were that it was way too "over the top" just in design. I really think that, if the boss even had a sign on his door, it would be something along the line of a very simple name sign in wood without even a designation of position. Probably made in the prison shop by inmates. Deniability was a way of life for these monsters!!

Oddly enough, looking at the link provided, my buddy is also located in New Zealand. May be the same sign. Whoever started out with it is probably still trying to unload the damn thing

SAmann

You nailed it.
    A simple litmus test is that the more nazi iconography an item displays, the LESS likely it is to be original!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yes, a fantasy piece for sure. I'm surprised it doesn't have an RZM logo on the reverse. LOL

TWS
    ?

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Yes, a fantasy piece for sure. I'm surprised it doesn't have an RZM logo on the reverse. LOL
    I'm sure the maker... err... I mean seller, will add one upon request.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast