Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cuckoo clock and Imperial eagle

Article about: Hi. I wanted to show you this curious cuckoo and quail clock that I am restoring. The strange thing is the emblem with an imperial eagle and the swastika on the front. The emblem was hidden

?

Default Cuckoo clock and Imperial eagle

Hi. I wanted to show you this curious cuckoo and quail clock that I am restoring. The strange thing is the emblem with an imperial eagle and the swastika on the front. The emblem was hidden in the box, glued to the inside of the ceiling and was found during the restoration. It appears to be made of bone or ivory.
    At the time of purchase I realized that something was missing on the front as there was an empty space and I thought that the missing one was a manufacturer's logo. But then when I discovered the emblem I saw that it matched perfectly in that place. In fact, the brand was still visible as a silhouette of the emblem on the site.
    Do you know of any similar antecedent? I have searched the internet and have not seen anything like it.
    The watch was found in Buenos Aires Argentina.
    Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuckoo clock and Imperial eagle
    P
    Many

?

Nice cuckoo clock although i would believe that someone during the ages enhanced it by applying the eagle.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Here is a thread about the same clock on the Watch and Clock collectors forum:

A nazi cuckoo clock? Locked Thread | NAWCC Forums

The poster in post # 21 suggests that the eagle could have been added at a later time, hence not original to the clock. He is basically shot down in flames because there are cutouts to fit the eagles wings. Therefore it must be original! Imagine using that logic to authenticate your collection!

Regards
    Brett

?

Exactly, it's the same watch and I started that discussion thread.
    What is discussed is about the reason for the great separation between the ceiling decoration and the cuckoo doors.
    It is evident that this was created to give rise to an emblem, it can be from the manufacturer or it can be the imperial eagle, we do not know.

not normal...

normal