Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Desk Eagle #2 Verification

Article about: One more, folks... this one is, to me, an earlier 1927/29 type NSDAP political eagle. This is a smaller desk ornament type eagle at about 18x13 cm. It looks like a cast metal with a silver f

Default Desk Eagle #2 Verification

One more, folks... this one is, to me, an earlier 1927/29 type NSDAP political eagle. This is a smaller desk ornament type eagle at about 18x13 cm. It looks like a cast metal with a silver finish, much of which still remains. It looks good, and has that "songbird" face and beak that reminds me less of an eagle and more of a sparrow. What do you think? Seen one like it before? A million thanks, as always!

-DF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Desk Eagle #2 Verification
    P
    Many

?

Hi Funker, the head of the eagle is very grotesque, it looks more like a film or theater prop to me,
    but I could be wrong.
    I do not like. Sorry.
    Regards,
    Peeloo

That's really very difficult to say. Peeloo is not entirely wrong. However, the marble base looks quite good. What I don't like is the head, which doesn't look typical, and the feathers pointing downwards on the edges of the wings. It looks kind of weird. But none of this has to be a red flag, as such pieces were produced and sold in many different variants. To be honest, I would personally stay away from it. It's just a matter of feeling.

?

Hi, the pieces of the TR are all characterful, powerful and very seriously made pieces,
    in this case a statue. It's not one of them for me, but I could be wrong. The marble plinth is fine.
    I don't like it, I wouldn't buy it. But this is just 1 opinion out of many...Sorry.
    Regards, Peeloo

Thanks, gents! I felt like the overall wear of the piece, and the base, as mentioned, seemed good. I definitely agree on the "canary" looking head and beak, but there were certainly some awkward looking eagles in the early days of the NSDAP. I think you're both right, though, with this one - best to err on the side of caution and I'll pass this one by.

?

Thanks, gents! I felt like the overall wear of the piece, and the base, as mentioned, seemed good. I definitely agree on the "canary" looking head and beak, but there were certainly some awkward looking eagles in the early days of the NSDAP. I think you're both right, though, with this one - best to err on the side of caution and I'll pass this one by.

You are 3 of you all so wrong....he is stunning original straight from the catalog!!! - should i be posting the catalog for you? HB Pol Type 2 - Third Reich Eagles

?

The Chicken Eagle by H.H. Van Beusekom. I would look for an RZM stamping M3/28 and the HB logo anywhere on swaz or adler. Maybe on underside. I am NOT an expert on these by any means and anything can be reproduced these days. I have seen worse eagles for the NSDAP. Look at some of the SA buckles.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I would say it is original. Just a weak design.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It is the original eagle- some peoples call him the chicken head eagle- not the weak design but the earlier design from the first of the catalogs not the later ones from HB maker....

?

"You are 3 of you all so wrong....he is stunning original straight from the catalog!!! - should i be posting the catalog for you? HB Pol Type 2 - Third Reich Eagles"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Percy, this really surprised me, I didn't think so!
    Although I have always said that it is not original, this is just my opinion and I may be wrong. Thank you for the information and the catalog picture!
    It's still a grotesque statue, that doesn't make me like it even now!

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Peeloo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast