Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Desk Eagle authentification

Article about: It is very hard , it has over 2 or 3 kilos. And i m wondering about some opinions about genuinity and if its worth my investment

Quote by kodak View Post
    I accept the fact that this is fake, i still like it as a new collector . But is that a fact that under the third reich all artefacts or art is perfect? and never made by third parties privately to sell stuff and make extra money? Of course the details won't be even close to the genuine factories under TR. But the idea is they might be same period old items , that pass as fakes. But as a history lover for me they might have the same historical value
    Take a look at the links I posted to originals from the period, you will see a marked difference in quality and workmanship.
    Fakes will have no historical, or monetary value.
    I suggest you try to get your money back, it appears that this seller is selling all fakes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Desk Eagle authentification
    P
    Many

The problem is provenance and seeing some of these actual examples in photos, postcard images, catalogs from the period, etc. Not too many of the catalogs exist, but there is much more evidence in period photos that can be a good source. Sadly those same good sources are what fakers use to produce their wares for sale. It is not too difficult to cast a bronze statue or in this case a desk eagle after seeing images of originals in museums, ect. The cast eagle is then buried in the ground for a few months to add "age and patina" and there you have it, a WW2 era Third Reich desk eagle. I would actually call this one a Third Reich Desk Gargoyle and not an Eagle..

But all kidding aside, Quality control was huge in the Reich and many items that did not meet the standards were tossed and or melted down.

I have a 1970's catalog from Delta International which sold many of these Third Reich fakes and reproductions to include desk eagles.

Smitty

?

i suppose this seller , if he knew he had real items, wouldn't sell for 180 usd a genuine eagle. He is 61 years old , and told me he collecting all this for over 30 years, but to be honest in romania he will sell everything eventually. People are naive here regarding TR

?

And considering we fought along the axis , then against it. The communist regime make our people ignorant . And people starting colecting in 90`s a lot of fakes . I have this seller as example .

?

Hi there, I have a pdf with most known table eagles, paper presses, plaques and busts. Send me a PM and I would love to send it over so you can have a look what the real material looks like.

That said, this is one of those pieces you everywhere in Bulgaria and Poland sold on the streets to tourists. Not period I'm afraid.

?

post 45 for sure - but if you like it thats all that counts as they say its all in the eye of the beholder.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2