Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shields

Article about: Does anyone know anything about these? Are they often faked? Pics from a WAF e-stand listing.

Default Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shields

Does anyone know anything about these? Are they often faked? Pics from a WAF e-stand listing.

Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shields

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shields
    P
    Many

IMO, it's an original, no telling what time period it is from though. I believe they were used for many years.
    I believe that is Wim Saris's book that covers these, used as a reference.
    Just because it has the word "Reich" in it, does not mean it came from the TR period.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, it's an original, no telling what time period it is from though. I believe they were used for many years.
    I believe that is Wim Saris's book that covers these, used as a reference.
    Just because it has the word "Reich" in it, does not mean it came from the TR period.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. I wasn't sure if this was covered in his book. And correct about the term Reich, though being it went defunct in 1949 there's a good chance it was.

raz
    ?

The originals from the time period are 3mm thick ( measurements taken from drawing in Mr Saris book ) not over the letters and newer pieces are 4.7625mm to 6.35mm ( from pieces I own ) . I have both types and it is very noticeable although the newer ones I have could be repros , who knows . IMO you have a early one from the look of it . The Nurnberg plate I have has the mm of PS I think which goes with my PS eagle . Hope this helps .

Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shieldsDeutsche Reichsbahn locomotive shields

Quote by raz View Post
    The originals from the time period are 3mm thick ( measurements taken from drawing in Mr Saris book ) not over the letters and newer pieces are 4.7625mm to 6.35mm ( from pieces I own ) . I have both types and it is very noticeable although the newer ones I have could be repros , who knows . IMO you have a early one from the look of it . The Nurnberg plate I have has the mm of PS I think which goes with my PS eagle . Hope this helps .
    Very helpful, thanks!